What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

An evening bowl of Squadron Leader in a Ropp Vintage Briar bulldog..

$image.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
C&D Yale Mixture in a Stanwell Brushed Black bulldog. It's been an unusual experience, due to a different tobacco....

Sutliff Frosty Mint in a small clay. The reviews I read said this was like smoking an Altoid, and it is. It comes double-bagged, and you can still smell it. The cooling sensation is very intense. They say this is best used when mixed with other tobaccos, and while I like it just the way it is, I wouldn't argue with that suggestion. They also say it offers some horrendous ghosting. I can't vouch for that yet, but I'm not inclined to doubt it.

That was the only time so far that I've tried Frosty Mint, and it wasn't in this pipe, and yet I was getting a mild cooling sensation from the Yale Mixture. Turns out the (double-bagged) Frosty Mint was sitting right next to the bag of Yale Mixture, and through three ziploc bags it ghosted the other tobacco. I've got it isolated now, but I'll have to see if the Yale Mixture "airs out," for lack of a better term. On the plus side, Yale isn't the one C&D blend I like (I find it tolerable at best), so the contamination doesn't negatively affect the smoke. But if you decide to try Frosty Mint, dedicate a pipe, and keep the tobacco isolated.

Top Bottom