What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Escudo in a Dr. Grabow Omega. I'm actually trying it with a filter this time, just because. It came with a filter, might as well try it out.

Some very old Bell's Three Nuns Empire in a pre-Lane Charatan Belvedere Dublin.

$image.jpg

Some FVF in a bent basket pipe (first pipe I ever owned) while drinking my morning coffee in front of Toronto's city hall (in TO for work). This city is starkly beautiful in the quiet of the morning.

Kilroy6644

Carter Hall in my my old MM Legend. One of my earliest pairings. The Legend was my first pipe, and I believe CH was my second tobacco (definitely my first OTC).

John Patton Cool Hand Fluke in a Anan Pilai RC Poker with some Blanton's.

edit: Pleasantly surprised with both. CHF is pretty perqiue dominant... but it's not over-the-top spicy. There's also a bit of the sweetness that you can sometimes get from perique. It's also got a nice VA base. The Blanton's is sweeter and smoother than I expected.

Last edited:
Balkan Sobranie in a Comoy's 1988 Christmas pipe. After some age on it the BS has taken on somewhat of a Penzance like note, but only a bit more mellowed.

GLP Quiet Nights in my new to me Charatan chubby pot. Took a few matches to get it lit, but smoked to the bottom with no relights. I rushed it a bit, smoked a bit hot-cadence has never been my strong point (nor sipping for that matter).

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427865441.209102.jpg

Kilroy6644

Finishing off my McClelland 2014 Holiday Spirit in a Stanwell Brushed Black bent bulldog. I had a piece of tobacco blocking the draft hole and was getting a little gurgle, so I ran a pipe cleaner down to clear it. I don't know if the cleaner left a bit of fuzz in there or what, but I'm now getting a bifurcated smoke stream. It's not a hard draw, just a split stream. It feels weird, but it's not unpleasant.

Had a bowl of Dark Star in the Estella.

Sorry I haven't been around much guys. Akina and I are moving so it's been " I pick things up, I put things down" for the past few days.

Top Bottom