What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

It's been a couple days, so I cranked up the ol' space heater in the garage, and I'm heading out for a bowl of Dunhill Navy Rolls in the IRC billiard.

Just For Him's Magic Flute in my Butz Choquin gourd Calabash.
$IMG_0463.jpg

Last edited:
A day late, but Escudo in the Pete 999 last night. I am picking up a flavor note in this tobacco that I can't quite put my finger on; it's good, but I can't find anything to compare it to just yet.

My first bowl of Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in a Savenelli Churchwarden, I am not a huge flake fan but this stuff is very good and doesn't "grab" my throat like some of other flakes I've tried, very smooth, mellow and sweet.
$IMG_0450.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight a free sample of 7 seas red blend in my no name cheapo pipe while siting outside of a hotel in a crappy city I had to travel to for work. I was hesitant to try this because of the smell (very strong and fruity) but it is actually a mild smoke with very little bite that other cherry flavors I have tried.

2 pipes today... for breakfast I had Sillem's Blue in my Oscar/Savenelli 302KS, then late afternoon a bowl of Boswell's Northwoods in the same pipe and snuffing tonight :scared::lol:
$IMG_0473.jpg

Last edited:
I started breaking in my new Tsuge brandy with some Peter Heinrichs Special Curly last night... I can definitely recommend this blend if you are looking for a milder VaPer. Sweet and flavorful, but not as much spice as you would get from Escudo or the like. I'm looking forward to trying it in again this evening...

proxy.php

Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening in my Peterson Yeats...

Wow.. Nice and cool, no tongue bite, and boy do I taste waffles and syrup....

Just as advertised... Very nice!!

Finished up half a bowl of leftover Boswell's Northwood for breakfast followed by a bowl of Sillem's Blue then tonight I smoked a bowl of a custom blend that I created in my gourd Calabash, I call it "Strange Blend #1" named after me, it is sweet natural Cavendish with a touch of Clove Cavendish a bit of Virginia and Latakia for character it has been aging about a month and the flavors have mingled nicely, but the pipe of the day is this photo I found, have you ever seen anything like it?
$224296_110626535688385_101191206631918_105945_2380411_n.jpg

Peterson X220 Flame with McClelland "805" Carolina Deluxe.

Going to see if I can make a dent in my "getting a bit old" Borkum Riff Bourbon tomorrow. Every time I think "can't be more than a couple of bowls left"... there are.

Top Bottom