What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410065010.299466.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410065024.599810.jpg

Shipping with Akina today. Retreated to the smoking room. Enjoying some Comoy's Cask no. 11 in a RC Morta. I love filling the room with the smell of good tobacco ;)

I've been considering buying a pipe. I'm an occasional cigar smoker but not too often all the same. This would be a new thing for me. I'll have to check out a few outlets for smoking related items here in town next week. Maybe I'll find a nice "starter" pipe. Very interesting!

I've been considering buying a pipe. I'm an occasional cigar smoker but not too often all the same. This would be a new thing for me. I'll have to check out a few outlets for smoking related items here in town next week. Maybe I'll find a nice "starter" pipe. Very interesting!
Good luck and enjoy your start in such a fun hobby! I used to be huge into cigars for the better part of a decade and haven't looked back from pipes yet. I love 'em! You can't go wrong with a cheap corn cob pipe for your first. Don't be dissuaded by their low cost, I have some cobs that literally smoke better then some of my briars. If you have a local tobacconist, they may have a variety of samples for you to try in their store so you can get an idea of the types of tobacco you like. Enjoy!
Frog Morton Across the Pond- just act like you didn't make it all the way across :001_smile
This was such a great idea! I had Frog Mortons Cellar, and was going to smoke that as a substitute, but I feel asleep in my recliner... Lol. Man this newborn is making me feel old... Lol.

FridayGT, I know of one tobacco shop where a buddy of mine shops all the time. He's into cigarettes. Once in a while I accompany him to this smoke shop and have never noticed if they carry pipes or not. I'm going to pay this store a visit week and see what have in the area of pipes. They have A LOT of items there so a pipe is something that they most likely carry in their inventory. It would be nice to buy a starter corn cob pipe. It might be a nice diversion now & again!

Thanks for your suggestion!

Get a corncob pipe. Make sure it's a Missouri Meerschaum cob. Check out "Pipes and Cigars" store online. You will need pipe cleaners(B.J. Long makes the best) and a pipe tool/tamper. Buy the sampler tobacco packs...English, VA/Per, etc...

FridayGT, I know of one tobacco shop where a buddy of mine shops all the time. He's into cigarettes. Once in a while I accompany him to this smoke shop and have never noticed if they carry pipes or not. I'm going to pay this store a visit week and see what have in the area of pipes. They have A LOT of items there so a pipe is something that they most likely carry in their inventory. It would be nice to buy a starter corn cob pipe. It might be a nice diversion now & again!

Thanks for your suggestion!
You're very welcome good sir, I hope it works out for you! If not, there are always online sites that have excellent track record and service. You really can't go wrong with a cob and I keep them in my regular rotation amongst my expensive briars, because I just enjoy smoking them sometimes. If you do wind up ordering online there are some great suggestions for tobaccos to get your feet wet without overwhelming yourself too.

Breaking out the Wally Frank nicely restored by Don Warren, packed with SPS Top Shelf that I'm enjoying with good sipping rum.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410124375.489943.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410124386.538175.jpg

I am just 10 days short of the 44th anniversary of my first smoking a pipe. Today I am smoking some well aged PSLNF in a no name basket pipe. The pipe is a decent performer and the tobacco is very good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This was such a great idea! I had Frog Mortons Cellar, and was going to smoke that as a substitute, but I feel asleep in my recliner... Lol. Man this newborn is making me feel old... Lol.

my 10 month old granddaughter is a morning person. She wakes up at 730 every day, and she is ready to party. That is kind of hard on me, as I work second shift and can't get to bed before 2. On Saturday night she stayed up until 330. Great, I get to sleep in on my first day off. Oh, how wrong I was.

Top Bottom