What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

$uploadfromtaptalk1409392241236.jpg
Melting into Virginia bliss with Solani Silver Flake in my half bent Barling. Loving the new lighter. :)

Good mornin' fellow shavers! (This is a shave forum, right? :laugh:) Kicked off this morning with OJK in a Bonfiglioli pot and now it's Carey's dark flake no.7 in a favourite Pete 314. Have a good 'un.

proxy.php

After over a month of being away, I'm finally back home. From Spain, to the USA, to Germany, back and forth to Holland, now finally Spain again. I feel almost as traveled as Senshi. Lol. It's so good to be home with my family, my dog and Omg my bed! I'm celebrating by breaking in the new pipe that arrived while I was out. My new Peterson river series Lee. Amazing finish and beautiful Grain. This pipe is a god amongst pipes. Breaking in with esoterica tilbury and washing it all down with a strong Sumatra coffee. It's good to be home.

$uploadfromtaptalk1409474357163.jpg

My family just sold my grandparents' homestead. Closing date is Thursday. I took the opportunity today to drive out there (about an hour away) and to have a pipe under my grandfather's crab apple tree. I have many childhood memories of sitting under this tree, and listening to his stories while he puffed away. Felt pretty surreal to sit there for what may be the last time. Used his lighter, and his go-to in his last years, Amphora Original.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
My family just sold my grandparents' homestead. Closing date is Thursday. I took the opportunity today to drive out there (about an hour away) and to have a pipe under my grandfather's crab apple tree. I have many childhood memories of sitting under this tree, and listening to his stories while he puffed away. Felt pretty surreal to sit there for what may be the last time. Used his lighter, and his go-to in his last years, Amphora Original.

Thanks for sharing this. A beautiful and touching tribute to your grandfather.

After over a month of being away, I'm finally back home. From Spain, to the USA, to Germany, back and forth to Holland, now finally Spain again. I feel almost as traveled as Senshi. Lol. It's so good to be home with my family, my dog and Omg my bed! I'm celebrating by breaking in the new pipe that arrived while I was out. My new Peterson river series Lee. Amazing finish and beautiful Grain. This pipe is a god amongst pipes. Breaking in with esoterica tilbury and washing it all down with a strong Sumatra coffee. It's good to be home.

How's your jet lag? Mine has only begun to wear off.

That is such a beautiful pipe you got there

How's your jet lag? Mine has only begun to wear off.

That is such a beautiful pipe you got there

At least you can remember him and that place no matter where you are. That pipe carries a lot of memories and hopefully you can pass it on to someone who will have fond memories of you :)

I wish I knew! I picked it up as an estate! It is predominatly white but it does have some marbleized black and brown mixed in.
I assumed it was just a regular stem with cool coloring, but I can't say for sure.

Top Bottom