What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Daytime: Old Gowrie in my Pete Emerald #6.
Nighttime: Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian in a danish bent egg.

Last edited:
I had half a bowl of Stonehaven in my Comoy Canadian. No wonder this stuff is harder to get than an armpit transplant.

Irish Flake in a Kaywoddie Bulldog and a Johnnie Walker Black with ice. All while watching a hail storm ding up my favorite smoking-on-the-porch chair. Boooooo hail storms. I just repainted that chair.

This evening's pipe was my funky Paronelli filled with Robert Lewis Orcilla Mixture. The leaf was a bit over dry but the smoke was very nice. I do love the orientals! Too bad I only have two bowls worth. I'll have to pick some up down the road.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
This morning I had my first bowl of 3 Nuns - I stacked about 6 coins in my 999 Spigot and broke one more up and sprinkled it on top. All I can say is I think I let a genie out of the bottle with this one, it was fantastic. It smoked all the way to the bottom and it was sweeet.

FVF in my big old bent dublin flake pipe. It was delicious and that's a relief because I just bought a pound!

That stuff ages beautifully too, divide it up and date it. There are some tobaccos that I buy with a certain percentage set aside, thats one of 'em.

I haven't posted here recently because I've been getting over a head cold but I had some Irish flake in my Pete Sterling Silver 338.

That stuff ages beautifully too, divide it up and date it. There are some tobaccos that I buy with a certain percentage set aside, thats one of 'em.

I haven't posted here recently because I've been getting over a head cold but I had some Irish flake in my Pete Sterling Silver 338.

I've put just over 3/4 of it into storage mode. I pulled some out so that I don't have to open the tin or two of that I have.

After one bowl, I'll tell you that I like it way more than Irish Flake. Irish Flake has so much burley (and therefore nic) that it puts me down. FVF has more VA flavor and much less nic.

I've put just over 3/4 of it into storage mode. I pulled some out so that I don't have to open the tin or two of that I have.

After one bowl, I'll tell you that I like it way more than Irish Flake. Irish Flake has so much burley (and therefore nic) that it puts me down. FVF has more VA flavor and much less nic.

The Irish flake is a heavy hitter to be sure, but that's what I like about it. The FVF does have great flavor, just a great all around smoke; pleasant natural aroma, easy progression of flavor through the bowl, and excellent long term potential. Not one I can smoke with my mind on my supper though, I have to sip it slowly to get the most out of the flavor.

An unmarked bowlful of some oriental/VA blend I found in a baggie in my tobacco stash. I think it may have been Embarcadero (sorry Vlad!). It was in my Pease designed poker.

Top Bottom