What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

Erinmore Mixture in my no name Italian rustic Oom Paul, I like the rustication on this one, it reminds me of elephant skin...
$IMG_0458.jpg

...I like the rustication on this one, it reminds me of elephant skin...
Yes, that is a pretty cool texture; I would imagine it might almost feel like a very rough grain leather in the hand. Looking at that makes me wonder if anybody has ever tried lightly don't want to make it too thin) rusticating then refinishing a basket pipe that had fills.

Yes, that is a pretty cool texture; I would imagine it might almost feel like a very rough grain leather in the hand. Looking at that makes me wonder if anybody has ever tried lightly don't want to make it too thin) rusticating then refinishing a basket pipe that had fills.
Yeah, there is no reason you couldn't rusticate a smooth pipe, should work out fine as long as the fills are small and aren't too deep. may require some equipment to get a proper finish and possibly some stain depending on the look you are going for.

Last edited:
Same pipe (since it's the only one I smoke since tossing the two cheapies).
FINALLY finished off the Borkum Riff Bourbon.
Might have been 1/2 bowl left, so I dumped what was left in with my McClelland "805" Carolina Deluxe.

C&D Crooners blend in a Peterson Shannon B11, weird little burley blend with deertongue. I've had it three times now and its really growing on me.

First smoke in a Mississippi Meershaum corncob that I picked up at Wal-Greens for $8. I think the tobacco was Captain Black's White. I was surprised at how great the corncob smoked!

Frog Morton on the Town in my Savinelli Octavia. This was my first bowl in at least a week and I wasn't too impressed with my choice of tobacco. I think the ketchup aroma just put me off a bit. I'll revisit this one at a later date.

First smoke in a Mississippi Meershaum corncob that I picked up at Wal-Greens for $8. I think the tobacco was Captain Black's White. I was surprised at how great the corncob smoked!

I still regularly smoke my corncob even though I have 7 other "nicer" pipes. It never lets me down.

PS Balkan Sasieni Mixture in my Peterson 303 meer, this is one sweet blend, gonna have to stock up on this one.
$balkan-sasieni.jpg

Last edited:
I think you mean Missouri Meershuam, but that's OK we knew you meant :001_tongu

Haha, good catch! I guess Mississippi was just more fun to spell.

Had a morning smoke in that same pipe, Stokkebye's Luxury Twist flake. It was a bit harsh at first, perhaps my mouth was a little fried from last nights smoke, but the second half of the bowl was quite nice.

Top Bottom