What's new

Should I buy Chanel Bois des Iles blindly?

S

Sam

Have tried Le Labo Patchouli, Le Labo Vetiver, Czech and Speak 88, Le Labo Rose 31, Chanel Sycomore, Penhaligon Sartorial, Il Profume Patchouli Noir, Penhaligon Quecus and Penhaligon Elixr. Oh, and CDG Kyoto.

here is what I have and like: Acqua di Parma Colonia, Creed Green Irish Tweed and Tauer's L'Air du Desert Morocain.

To test and coming any day now: Chanel Bois des Iles, Coromandel and 31 Rue Cambron.

of those tested, I liked Sartorial but it did not last long, and then Elixir and then Sycomore (it lasted a lot). the Le Labos had the projection and long lasting and of those three, the Patchouli was the best smell.

So, I can get a great deal on a Chanel Bois des Iles. From reading, I may like it and the Coromandel. I like spice.

So, you think so? Should I buy the Bois des Iles blind?

Have tried Le Labo Patchouli, Le Labo Vetiver, Czech and Speak 88, Le Labo Rose 31, Chanel Sycomore, Penhaligon Sartorial, Il Profume Patchouli Noir, Penhaligon Quecus and Penhaligon Elixr. Oh, and CDG Kyoto.

here is what I have and like: Acqua di Parma Colonia, Creed Green Irish Tweed and Tauer's L'Air du Desert Morocain.

To test and coming any day now: Chanel Bois des Iles, Coromandel and 31 Rue Cambron.

of those tested, I liked Sartorial but it did not last long, and then Elixir and then Sycomore (it lasted a lot). the Le Labos had the projection and long lasting and of those three, the Patchouli was the best smell.

So, I can get a great deal on a Chanel Bois des Iles. From reading, I may like it and the Coromandel. I like spice.

So, you think so? Should I buy the Bois des Iles blind?

I wouldn't if I were you.

With the exception of most of the ouds I've purchased, most fragrances I've bought FBs of blindly have been a waste of $$. Do yourself a favor & buy a sample before shelling out for a FB.

You're welcome. :tongue_sm

I've had good luck with blind buys. But I don't recommend them. I'd wait for a sample just to make sure you like BdI.

S

Sam

I have a sample coming of the Bois des Iles but I can get it now for 25% off and free shipping. I was thinking a few wears, if I dont like it, I can at least get what I paid for it back?

S

Sam

John, best I can tell, the new stuff at Chanel is only EdT. I dont know if Saks or Neimans or any other place carries them or not

Got my samples. Trying out all three in a small swipe on hand and arm

1) Bois des Iles - maybe I did not get a good swipe but it seems about 1/2 as strong as the others. Pleasant

2) 31 Rue de Cambron - some sort of note is offputting. Nice and loud though

3) Coromandel - smooth, buttery and interesting.

I like from just a quick wearing Coromandel and then Sycomore or Bois des Iles next, then the other one, and Rue 31 in last.

Gonna wear Bois des Iles around running errands tomorrow and Coromandel to church sunday. While Sycomore is pleasant, it does not give me a wow factor.

I hope Coromandel has presence and legs like the Le Labo patchouli or vetiver. Vetiver, I wore today and wife and daughter said I smelled like an old man. Coromandel is the first one she did not shy away from when I asked her to sniff for first impressions. She hates doing that and well, this is a good sign?

I tried both the EDT and EDP and just can't get passed the strong aldehydic opening, it just screams "lady's scent!" to me. It does mellow out later and gets very sandalwood-ey but the opening is a deal breaker for me. When I want a sandalwood fix I just wear a pure essential oil or layer it with a bit of ambergris tincture.

Top Bottom