What's new

I scored some Vintage Williams!

I have been looking for a different soap to try so I guess I have found it. Not sure what to do with the brushes though as I love my Commodore X2. I guess when I get them in my hands I'll know better.

Last edited:
Nice pick up. Vintage Williams is a gem. The Klenzos might clean up nicely and be a good restore project if you're into that sort of thing.

Actually I am not. I wanted the puck but for the price I figured I could throw a TGN nib in them and give them away at Christmas unless someone has an interest in them.

I was looking at Amazon and they show Williams with 2 different prices but the main ingredient is Tallow. Is it still tallow or whats different between new and old? I am not a Williams aficionado.

Nice find. The brushes look to be well worth a restoration. I would put them up on BST (or PM me and maybe we could work something out).

I was looking at Amazon and they show Williams with 2 different prices but the main ingredient is Tallow. Is it still tallow or whats different between new and old? I am not a Williams aficionado.

Modern Williams is still tallow based, but the formulation is not the same as the old. Modern Williams lists tallow as the 3rd ingredient, I believe, while in Vintage Williams tallow is the first ingredient.

You would not find Vintage Williams on Amazon. The truly good Vintage Williams is pre-1980; it seems every time the company was sold, the soap underwent reformulation. The worst of the re-formulations happened in 2005 with the sale of the company to Combe.

The sale to Combe resulted in the current product that quite a few of us find to be horridly wretched.

Darn you.. I saw that as well and when I went back to nab it after looking some more it was gone.. :mad3: Oh well at least it went to some one here.

He he Sorry my friend. I scoured the internet for other vintage soap and the only other was an Old spice that went for $75 last night. I passed on that. Too rich my blood.

Darn you.. I saw that as well and when I went back to nab it after looking some more it was gone.. :mad3: Oh well at least it went to some one here.

Everything goes to someone here. Sometimes I think we should censor our discussions cuz the ebay sellers get too much info from the boards.

Everything goes to someone here. Sometimes I think we should censor our discussions cuz the ebay sellers get too much info from the boards.

True.. but at least in this case it didn't go to some "prospector" who then re-listed it on the bay to make a profit.

maybe there should be a repository of member photos with their shave gear to validate them before they can read anything but the Clown House :tongue_sm

You made me check the header to see if this hit the ClownHouse already. I have that happen. You can forget an intelligent conversation when that happens.

Top Bottom