I went to Lexington in the uptown area but missed people as well. Visited the stores anyways (I was on a mission to get the AOS Lavender soap). Met up with everyone at TGIF. From there we made it to Pasteur's and then Rattle N Hum.
Both lunch and Rattle N Hum were great times. I learned a lot that Saturday. I learned that:
- Apparently I'm not writing enough in my life
- Not all after shaves are created equal (talking about the "Veg")
- My Febreeze cannot capture all the bliss that essential oils can capture (courtesy of Evan)
I bought for myself the following:
- AOS Lavender soap
- Arko shaving cream
- Small tube of Jack Black face scrub for pre-shave wash
I got the small JB tube because I'm looking to try different pre-shave wash products. I contributed the following items at Rattle N Hum:
- AOS Lemon soap with bowl
- Pack of feather blades
- Bottle of Prorasso liquid after shave (about halfway filled)
I picked up the following items from the contributed items pile:
- GEM Junior single blade razor
- Some single edge razor blades
- A few packs of Derby razor blades
- Miscellaneous razor blades
- Realm Men after shave balm (contains human pheromones, uh-oh, what did I get myself into?)
- Small sample of shaving soap that is labelled "Celesital Woods"
- A small plastic bottle that was filled with the Royall Muske
- A glass bowl containing a puck of Nature Maiden Bay Rum shaving soap (I was more interested in the glass bowl, which I'll some other puck in there)
- A boar brush courtesy of Rudy Vey. I paid $40 dollars on the spot to get it (the money will go to B&B)
I haven't been about to try anything yet because I've been sick that past few days. That's OK because it means I haven't shaved yet and now I have some hair for that single edge razor. Looking forward to how loud it should sound. I'm also excited about using the boar brush. It may change me from bowl lathering to face lathering.
I look forward to the next gathering.