What's new

NYC Potlatch 2?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Yeah.. when I was told the price of that brush, they almost had to call EMS - talk about knee buckling. And then there was that OMAS Fountain Pen.

proxy.php

What were they asking for it? $2700?:confused1:ohmy::blink::001_huh::lol:

Yup, that was the price, but it came with a nice bottle of free ink....

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Holy crap -- First I totally forgot about this get together & then I got so hammered w/work...I haven't looked at this thread in weeks. I thought everyone was getting together this evening for beers, burgers & bulls... :blush: uh, conversation! Obviously, I was wrong. :mad3:

That'll learn me to check the thread from time to time. Sigh.

Oh well. FWIW, I had stuff to do w/my kids today so I probably couldn't have made it anyway. Next time, then. Hope everyone had fun!

Glad you showed up!! And thanks for bringing the nice lil' bottles. I feel another AD coming on.....I still smell the Borneo Aoud, hmhmh so good:001_tt1:

Everything was okay until Lou uncorked that LV, I thought Rudy's knees were going to buckle and I have never seen a store clean out that fast......and yes Lou I know you wanted that Somerset Chubby 3....you just were not fast enough

Everytime I smelled cat/person pee in the village, I thought of Lou.

Yeah.. when I was told the price of that brush, they almost had to call EMS - talk about knee buckling. And then there was that OMAS Fountain Pen.

proxy.php

What were they asking for it? $2700?:confused1:ohmy::blink::001_huh::lol:

It better have moon dust in it to cost that much!

Yup, that was the price, but it came with a nice bottle of free ink....

Well when you put it that way, it's a bargain!:biggrin1:

I showed up at The Holy Trinity a bit past 2pm. I didn't see anyone, but a guy walked out of Cambridge Chemists looking rather undecided, checking his watch, and reading something off a sheet of paper as if he was trying to figure out what to do next. He was clean shave, so I thought he might be one of us. I caught up with him on the corner where two women stopped him to ask directions. I introduced myself and asked if he was there for the Badger and Blade meet. He said he never heard of it. Oh well.

A quick phone call put me in touch with the gang. Turns out the guys went off to eat. So I dropped into Cambridge real quick and picked up
  • 125ml bottle of Castle Forbes lavendar ASB,
  • 90g bar of Czech & Speake 88, and
  • a few packs of DE blades.

We ate lunch at TGIF on 56 St where the JD steak & shrimp was really terrible, but the conversation was more to the point. Or, rather, to the nib. We did a pen showdown, with Nick test driving over a dozen pens, including one that might cost more than my entire shave den. I also enrolled my Italian made 20 for $1 Paper Mate. Not being a pen aficionado myself, I'll only say that the Paper Mate didn't come in last.

After a quick subway ride, we made it to Pasteur on 34th St just before they closed. There I picked up
  • a bottle of Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve,
  • a bottle of GFT Lime Skin Food (to replace the Rose, whose scent I don't care for), and
  • several packs of Lord blades.

Then we headed to Rattle N Hum where the waitress unwisely seated us right near the door, giving us unfettered access to all the unsuspecting incoming patrons on who we played "chase the patrons with The LV". Okay, so maybe we didn't, but the waitress wasn't impressed with The Veg. The table was brimming full of shaving goodies, from a shaving lotion made with real human hormones, to a Rudy Vey boar brush. We did a bit of horse-tallow trading at the pub, trading goodies and trying out scents. The highlight for me was Evbo's essential oils from some 50 year old infected trees. I think it went to my head. Either that, or it was the scarface beer.

Rudy Vey donated a beautiful boar brush (among other things) to help support Badger & Blade. It was sold at the meet, and I sent the proceeds of $40.00 to B&B.

Other contributions will be PIFed or sold on the BST with the proceeds going to B&B. This includes
  • 3 Gem SE razors
  • 1 Ever-Ready SE razor
  • 2 Gillette New razors
  • a stainless steel flask
  • a tub of proraso soap (used)
  • Vintage Blades lime & coconut soap (used)
  • Surry soap
  • AoS lemon soap in the wood bowl (used)
  • a bottle of Royall Muske (used)
  • more than 100 DE, SE, and injector blades
  • and a few odds and ends

The one thing I don't understand about tonight's meet is how I ended up with 2 bottles of The Veg.

The highlight for me was Evbo's essential oils from some 50 year old infected trees. I think it went to my head. Either that, or it was the scarface beer.

It must've been both. And for the record, those were 3 different oud oils that I brought with me. :thumbup1:

It was really good to meet everyone. Despite the redoubtable presence of The Veg at the table, :001_rolle I had a great time.

The one thing I don't understand about tonight's meet is how I ended up with 2 bottles of The Veg.

Luck? :tongue_sm

That was the most disappointing thing of the evening; that none of you were showered with the Blessings of Divine Predilection, for thus verily it has been writ - "Many are called, but few are chosen." It is lonely being the only Chosen One among my friends, but I pray that some day, you too, will be able to smile and sport "The Veg", not just as an after shave, but as a body splash also.

Until then, I am one of the few with scents enough to "Rock The Veg".

It must've been both. And for the record, those were 3 different oud oils that I brought with me. :thumbup1:

It was really good to meet everyone. Despite the redoubtable presence of The Veg at the table, :001_rolle I had a great time.

Sorry I missed you Evan, maybe next time!

Evan it was a honor to be a participant in your EO test.... The first Oil is still as strong on my hand as last night and has mellowed to a absolutely devine smell....the SWMBO gives a big thumbs up !!!!!

I swear I can still smell the 2nd oud on my hand! I'll give a more indepth review of everything that happened that night, but I had a blast. Can't wait to do it again. B&B Superbowl Party?

Evan it was a honor to be a participant in your EO test.... The first Oil is still as strong on my hand as last night and has mellowed to a absolutely devine smell....the SWMBO gives a big thumbs up !!!!!

My pleasure. I love introducing folks to oud -- the expressions on everyone's faces as they sniffed were priceless. Glad you & the Mrs. like the stuff!

I swear I can still smell the 2nd oud on my hand! I'll give a more indepth review of everything that happened that night, but I had a blast. Can't wait to do it again. B&B Superbowl Party?

You might be able to -- wouldn't entirely surprise me. Well, ok, it would ... it has been awhile since Saturday night ... but it IS a very distinctive smell!

Glad you liked it! :thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Count me in for the next go around (if it's warm).

Top Bottom