What's new

NYC Potlatch 2?

Get the video cams ready!

"Wait, you mean a 50 year old USED Fountain Pen is better than a modern one built at the Parker Pen Factory in Shanghai?" :tongue_sm

If you need to ask that question.... there will not be enough tape in NYC to catch all the things that will happen to you tomorrow.....:001_rolle:001_rolle

I'm just going to point to Craig87c, and say, "Could you please explain to my friend here, the fountain pen neophyte, why a vintage 50 year old Parker 51 Fountain Pen is infinitely better than a modern Hero 616 built at the Parker Pen Factory in Shanghai." :lol:

If you all get to the Carnigie (I'm a Canuck . . . probably did not spell this correctly) deli . . . take pictures.

Mike

If we get there we will take photos!

I'm just going to point to Craig87c, and say, "Could you please explain to my friend here, the fountain pen neophyte, why a vintage 50 year old Parker 51 Fountain Pen is infinitely better than a modern Hero 616 built at the Parker Pen Factory in Shanghai." :lol:

Hmph. I was thinking of doing the same to you! I'm actually bringing my 51. Better bring your army of Chinese pens to try and show who has better taste in pens :laugh:

I think I will personally help the Art Brown staff toss you.....

I'll hold him down while they kick him!

I'm bringing about a dozen with a '61 flighter as well as a few examples of other makes.... and a '51 aerometric with a crisp italic nib :w00t::w00t:

:001_tongu:001_tonguAlso Craig... lets do the match test on a '51 and a hero and see which one goes up in flame... that cheap plastic versus the lucite... no contest :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Holy crap -- First I totally forgot about this get together & then I got so hammered w/work...I haven't looked at this thread in weeks. I thought everyone was getting together this evening for beers, burgers & bulls... :blush: uh, conversation! Obviously, I was wrong. :mad3:

That'll learn me to check the thread from time to time. Sigh.

Oh well. FWIW, I had stuff to do w/my kids today so I probably couldn't have made it anyway. Next time, then. Hope everyone had fun!

Hello from Rattle and Hum.... waitress is being seduced by our charms except for Lou who is wearing the veg....

Hello from Rattle and Hum.... waitress is being seduced by our charms except for Lou who is wearing the veg....

She asked me what I was doing hanging out with you curmudgeons. I told her that a few times a year, they let me take the codgers out so they can have some fun.

She was so impressed, I have her number. Strange, I haven't seen a 555 exchange before. :tongue_sm

Everything was okay until Lou uncorked that LV, I thought Rudy's knees were going to buckle and I have never seen a store clean out that fast......and yes Lou I know you wanted that Somerset Chubby 3....you just were not fast enough

Everything was okay until Lou uncorked that LV, I thought Rudy's knees were going to buckle and I have never seen a store clean out that fast......and yes Lou I know you wanted that Somerset Chubby 3....you just were not fast enough

Yeah.. when I was told the price of that brush, they almost had to call EMS - talk about knee buckling. And then there was that OMAS Fountain Pen.

proxy.php

What were they asking for it? $2700?:confused1:ohmy::blink::001_huh::lol:

Top Bottom