What's new

This eBay listing (now closed) made me chuckle

I especially laughed at the Q&A at the bottom... So, is this guy a member here?

Title: Gillette Slim Adjustable: It's sleek and sexy.

Body:

Here is the Gillette adjustable Slim. On a 1-10 scale, I think 8.5 is fair. I’d say like new, but too often people toss that around too much. The TTO opens and closes smoothly, the final 1/4 turn is firm. The adjuster moves the elevator precisely. The date code is I4, which makes it circa 1963. I can’t imagine why that’s important. This is not a collectable razor. It’s been cleaned and polished, and it’s ready for work, hard work, man work. I tried this first, and then tried the Fat Boy. I like the Fat Boy better on those days when I am too hurried for my straight razor. Also the Fat Boy is way more hip than the Slim. As you grow older, maintaining hip is hard work. When the young guys are wooing the girls with their feats of multi blade razors, I step up and talk about the Gillette Adjustable, and its nine settings. I do so between sips of hard whiskey. No matter how old you are girls love a man who drinks whiskey. The Slim is a bit heavier than the Fat Boy, which one could argue makes it more manly. You only need a manly razor, if you are single and have an overnight guest. When your guest tries to moves the razor, she can hardly lift it, and you run to the rescue and help. This act of chivalry does not go unrewarded. I ship by USPS Priority. I was hoping to get about $36 for this razor, and this is where you the bidder can help. It only takes two of you to inflate the price. Once inflated you will be able to sell it for a higher price, if you don’t like the razor. If you low bid here, you may be hurting yourself in the long run.

FAQ:

Question: Did I sterilize the razor?

Answer: Really now, do you mean boil it in water for 15 minutes, wash with 5% bleach, expose to UV radiation, soak in 70% ethanol or autoclave, and then package from a clean room or sterile hood into a sterile container and ship to you , so you can open it in your house and instantly expose it to a billion bacteria. No, but here’s what I did do. I washed with hot water and Dawn, soaked in a Barbicide solution for 15 minutes, polished with MAAS, and finally soaked for another 15 in Barbicide.

Question: What setting should I use

Answer: Some guides and wet shaver forums recommend experimenting with the setting to find the one right for you, leaving it at that setting. Some men settle for one, or two. My approach is 9 for the first pass, 5 for the second and 1 for the third.

Question: Why do many wet shavers say 9 is way too aggressive?

Answer: Most of these folks fear straight razors.

Question: Should I wet shave with a cut throat or safety razor?

Answer: About ten percent of all men are straight men. Some just don’t know it, or they are afraid to admit it. Remember though, woman who prefer men, prefer straight men.

Question: Why are you selling the Slim Adjustable?

Answer: I prefer the Fat Boy on days that I do not straight shave.

Question: Why don’t you straight shave every day?

Answer: I don’t always have the time to strop my razor. Some studies suggest you can go blind stropping your own razor, if you do it every day. Also I am from Delaware and one of our witches, says you should never strop your own razor.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I also think Luke claims to be a straight guy. He could have posted it.:w00t:

Question: Did I sterilize the razor?

Answer: Really now, do you mean boil it in water for 15 minutes, wash with 5% bleach, expose to UV radiation, soak in 70% ethanol or autoclave, and then package from a clean room or sterile hood into a sterile container and ship to you , so you can open it in your house and instantly expose it to a billion bacteria. No, but here’s what I did do. I washed with hot water and Dawn, soaked in a Barbicide solution for 15 minutes, polished with MAAS, and finally soaked for another 15 in Barbicide.

That sounds like some of the recomendations here for used razors!:lol: Gotta be a member with a great sense of humor.

Thanks for sharing, tigershave. That was some entertaining stuff. Welcome to B&B!

Hopefully, the party responsible for this listing will come forward in short order.

Top Bottom