What's new

Acquisitions for December 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look! A package!

proxy.php

Hmmmm..... what's all this??

proxy.php

Not going to need blades for a while....

proxy.php

There's a heap more to arrive in the next week and a bit guys, including a couple of cased TV Specials, a pair of cased Milords in awesome condition, user grade Gillettes and a few very interesting other bits - stay tuned!

Last edited:
Here's an interesting one--a Merkur, probably from the 50s or 60s, travel set.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

What do you think? It's a fun one.

Here's an interesting one--a Merkur, probably from the 50s or 60s, travel set.

What do you think? It's a fun one.
Looks very interesting. What's the underside of the head made of? Looks a bit like Nylon but hard to tell.

That said, another day, another parcel.....

proxy.php

Hmmmm. Malta. I know what these are....

proxy.php

Yes, this is what I have been after.....

proxy.php

Looking forward to giving these a burl. Some say that these are the Swede grind spec, produced at St Petersburg.....

I ventured out into the snow today, and grabbed a bottle of Guerlain Eau de Cologne Impériale to add to my Cologne collection.

Picked up a lovely Pinned Ivory handled 1830-1837 (WcrownR) "Allison" straight. All the pins and Ivory are there, there's a crack on the back scale, but the front scale is immaculate, just needs a little cleaning. Pictures are a PITA now, but here's the one from the auction. The metal is very clean. A little polishing and a honing and it will look almost new.

It came with a rough henckels someone had cut the toe off of to fit into corn razor scales, a brush, a mirror that flips open to stand on a desk/sink, a soap box (pewter, possibly silver but I really doubt it. I can't ID this crap, I just know that it's very soft with no markings), and a leather case that holds it all with spots for 3 razors.

Splashed out £6! on a Body Shop synthetic hair shaving brush.

Used it once. I prefer my Men-U bristle brush however as it has stiffer bristles and is denser. It worked well though, I liked that its hairs werent long, and I prefer the handle on this to my Men-U. I might use this for 1 pass lather then use the Men-U brush for the 2nd pass lathering.

proxy.php

A nice cased Toggle from the early development stages -- not the esteemed 1-5 proto -- but I'm happy with a 1-9 D1 from 1958.

How many toggles were made? And why did they stop?

Here's a classy razor designed for women who were beginning the adventure of double edged shaving. This "Femireve, Le Rasoir d'Eve" is from the French razor company Femireve and this is their model No. 1. They also produced a No. 2, the Luxe, and a No. 3, the Grand Luxe. Anyone have those models?

Great looking mint razor that seems to have been produced in the late 1930s or early 1940s. Too bad it uses a proprietary blade design -- only one survived and I doubt I'll find others. Still a real beautiful razor and package.

Here's a classy razor designed for women who were beginning the adventure of double edged shaving. This "Femireve, Le Rasoir d'Eve" is from the French razor company Femireve and this is their model No. 1. They also produced a No. 2, the Luxe, and a No. 3, the Grand Luxe. Anyone have those models?

No, but I wish I did. It's a great looking bit of kit.

Today, I had a rather large box arrive.....

proxy.php

I wonder what is in there? Lots of blades? Big package of collectable razors in cases?

proxy.php

Hmmmm, is there anything actually in it??

(digs around inside)

Think I have found something.....

proxy.php

Okay. One tiny razor in one very large box.

proxy.php

User-grade M3 Black-handled Super Speed.

No but I wish I did. That is nice. You have got the French connection. My collection of ladies (non-Gillette) is of the more common variety:

View attachment 137056

Just noticed my Laurel Vest Pocket in there, not really a ladies razor, I've moved it to the Laurel bin. Bought the Shermack off of razor2. And the colors on the Nymph's are a bit off. The orange is pink and the purple is blue.

And BTW in case anybody mistakes it, these have been accumulated over time, but since I've only upped pics of one or two here, here they all are.

-jim

Great looking mint razor that seems to have been produced in the late 1930s or early 1940s. Too bad it uses a proprietary blade design -- only one survived and I doubt I'll find others. Still a real beautiful razor and package.

Wow, what a shine. That handle looks just like a lady gillette old type handle, the one in the celluloid case, except made of solid awesome.

2010 is turning out to be a fine year.

My "guardian angel" told me this was on the bay and I was fortunate enough to "Score".
Thank You Brian DiPalma.

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore......

6/8th Cutlery World First Class, 6/8th Kropp, 6/8th John Williams Damascus Sheffield steel, Gillette Blue Blades Holiday pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom