What's new

Acquisitions for December 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
My score is pretty modest at the moment. My first straight; a Wade and Butcher special. Now I just need to find a local honemeister to work his magic and maybe show me a thing or two.

Regards.

Last edited:
I scored a vintage Butterscotch Simpson Chubby 2 100% NOS (Nice badger stink on it) "Best grade" but softer than my PreVulfix Super grade was. It's also the orange-hued type of hair like on my 1954 Kent that I suspect is European Badger rather than Chinese. It has a yellow/orange look rather than white or grey when you look down into the knot and the hair holds water much tighter (stays clumped after very aggressive shaking). Very nice stuff.

I scored a vintage Butterscotch Simpson Chubby 2 100% NOS (Nice badger stink on it) "Best grade" but softer than my PreVulfix Super grade was. It's also the orange-hued type of hair like on my 1954 Kent that I suspect is European Badger rather than Chinese. It has a yellow/orange look rather than white or grey when you look down into the knot and the hair holds water much tighter (stays clumped after very aggressive shaking). Very nice stuff.
and no pics. shame on u

and no pics. shame on u

Sorry. I have to take pics, load them on my laptop, upload them and then dig them up on my desktop because my desktop card reader died and I hate using my laptop.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/Lithan1/PICT0287.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/Lithan1/PICT0288.jpg

I bought it thinking it would be a "Classic 2" but there's no doubt. It's a Chubby 2. And a very flat topped and short lofted one. The bloom is a good bit smaller than my Chubby 2 Super's was because it's ~44mm loft vs ~51mm on the Super. It's really quite a stunner in person, and soooooooo soft.

^
full

You never know what you will find in NYC :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. I have to take pics, load them on my laptop, upload them and then dig them up on my desktop because my desktop card reader died and I hate using my laptop.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/Lithan1/PICT0287.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/Lithan1/PICT0288.jpg

I bought it thinking it would be a "Classic 2" but there's no doubt. It's a Chubby 2. And a very flat topped and short lofted one. The bloom is a good bit smaller than my Chubby 2 Super's was because it's ~44mm loft vs ~51mm on the Super. It's really quite a stunner in person, and soooooooo soft.

I do not let you to buy the other one. I promise:biggrin1:

Got myself an early Christmas present - well two actually :blushing:

Yesterday the Foroafeitado D01 Silvertip by Shavemac arrived, and today the Semogue 2010 Limited Edition arrived :biggrin1:

I think I'm covered on the brush front for the rest of the year :lol:

proxy.php

^
full

You never know what you will find in NYC :laugh:

Very nice! I'm going to try and track down some Lucido when I go home for Christmas break. There are a lot of Asian grocery stores where I live so maybe I'll have some luck. Who woulda thought that there would be an abundance of Asian grocery stores in the Midwest?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got myself an early Christmas present - well two actually :blushing:

Yesterday the Foroafeitado D01 Silvertip by Shavemac arrived, and today the Semogue 2010 Limited Edition arrived :biggrin1:

I think I'm covered on the brush front for the rest of the year :lol:

proxy.php

Since the semogue LE has been described as having D01 like hair, I'm hoping you'll do a comparison of these 2. I'm debating a D01 custom 3-band myself.

My rooney 1/1 super badger came in! :D

proxy.php

pictured next to the omega that was soaking when the mailman came to my door.

Last edited:
That's a nice briefcase. :thumbup1: I especially like the working buckles; most of what one gets these days has a snap buckle.

Thank you. I didn't want faux buckles. What I've seen on other supposed high end cases are faux buckles that are actually snaps or magnetic closures and both always feel/look cheap and/or break with time.

This case should last a very, very long time.

I do not let you to buy the other one. I promise:biggrin1:

Haha. But... that one looks almost two band! I need it tooooooooooooo...

Nah I've got a bid in to watch it, but I do really need to stop buying brushes.

Anyway, after Sept/Nov being horrible eBay months (Three items not as described costing me $100+ in returning shipping fees and 20+ hrs fighting with eBay to get my refunds), Dec is shaping up well.. I just picked up the Cheapest Escher I've ever gotten (Previous record was ~$15. I got this one for $5 + $6 shipping). Side labels denoting it as a SRD "Dark Blue" are intact and legible. I also picked up an absolutely stunning 7 day set of mates to my favorite razor (D Peres/magnetic cutlery worked back). They aren't in Mother of Pearl (My favorite razor is true MOP scales), but the spinework and everything about the blade looks like a match with the one difference being that the 7 day set has the days of the week added into the spine work and has "Dayton Cutlery" etched on the blade faces.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...JU9gZCo%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Check out the picture of the spinework. It doesn't do these blades justice. The one I've got is the same but with ribbing where the "XXXXDAY" is on these. It's really unbelievable.

Last edited:
eBay razor lot haul......$86 delivered.

39 razors in all and some real good ones (4 W&B's, 2 Joseph Rodgers, Elliots, etc.)

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom