What's new

Personna 74 Tungsten Plus DE Blades

There is no way they are worth $4 each. You might get 15-20 shaves from one blade. That's 20 cents per shave. The blades we regularly use are only 5 cents per shave (20 cents each).

Personna 74's are supposed to be a super smooth blade, I don't know that that smoothness is worth 4x more per shave though.

I have only used the Personna 74 Injector blades, so I can't speak about the DE, but the only thing special about the Injector version was the extra longevity (18 shaves vs. 10 shaves), otherwise the shave was about the same.

I've used them and they are not worth that kind of money. I guess it's a "pride of ownership thing"......yeah, right. I could afford them also, but my momma didn't raise a fool.

It is worth it once, to have the experience. A trip to Africa costs $10K, but you have the experience -- but you only do it once. In that regard, the Personna 74's are worth $4 each, at least to Buford and myself (I wouldn't mind trying one someday). Would I buy them for permenant use, no. One package someday for posterity and the experience, sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230554534340

I am not sure if the price of $3.84 per blade for these is good or bad. Actually it may be more than that since only 30 are Personna 74 Tungsten Plus DE blades.

The other 10 blades are packaged as Platinum Chromes, but will actually contain Personna 74 Plus blades as well. Personna had a run of these that were labeled as chromes; more than likely some of the last 74s. I have about 200 of them.

...but will actually contain Personna 74 Plus blades as well. Personna had a run of these that were labeled as chromes; more than likely some of the last 74s.

Yup. I call these the "stealth 74's". Some marked as 74's. Some are not marked, but the off-silver/gray color, sharpness, longevity, and smoothness of the 74's is unmistakable.

I have about 200 of them.

Me too.

I will also say that the Gillette Black 7O'Clocks are fine substitute, and readily available at far less that the $4 per blade the 74's are being offered at. Recommended.

-- John Gehman

So, the 30 cents a blade I paid for these was a bargain?:001_cool:

proxy.php

Well, I've used one and gave one away so I'm down to three, but I'm always on the lookout for more. They really are outstanding blades.

Top Bottom