What's new

RIP Shirley

Leslie Nielsen passed away today from pneumonia complications.

proxy.php

Ted Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.
Rumack, Randy: [together] It's an entirely different kind of flying.

Rumack
: What was it we had for dinner tonight?
Elaine Dickinson: Well, we had a choice of steak or fish.
Rumack: Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna.

Dr. Rumack:
"ometime, when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they've got. And, win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good. That's for sure."

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A funny man, not too proud to poke fun at himself.
He will be missed.

Loved his "Police Squad" stuff.

This is sad. Nielsen was a one and only. Great comedic skills and I'm sure he was a great guy -- that seemed to shine through whatever he was doing.

He was pretty good in his straight dramatic roles as well, but comedy was his gift to us all.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Here is my favorite Naked Gun Quote.

Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side last year, that's my policy.
Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy!
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of 'Julius Caesar,' you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones

A very funny man.

He made deadpan humor wet-your-pants funny.

I will never forget the image of Leslie Nielsen and George Kennedy sitting in a parked car on a stakeout, eating red pistachios with big red stains on their fingers and around their mouths.

Remembering these two classic scenes nearly had me in tears from laughing so much. Thanks for the laughs Leslie, RIP.

Here is my favorite Naked Gun Quote.

Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side last year, that's my policy.
Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy!
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of 'Julius Caesar,' you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones

A very funny man.

He made deadpan humor wet-your-pants funny.

I will never forget the image of Leslie Nielsen and George Kennedy sitting in a parked car on a stakeout, eating red pistachios with big red stains on their fingers and around their mouths.

Last edited:
Top Bottom