What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Showdown @ the OK Corral: Omega Stripey Pure Badger vs. Vulfix 2235 Super using Weleda Shave Cream as ammo. With a very good soak the $25 Omega held its own against the Vulfix. I don't get how people call Vulfix floppy. If they deserve criticism it should be for their hair quality IMHO. Super what?

This brings up a great point. I understand Vulfix and Simpson are made by the same people in the same factory using (essentially) the same materials. What makes Simpson the "ne plus ultra" in the shaving world rather than the pedestrian Vulfix? Truth be told I bought an inexpensive Vulfix (like about $22) just to try; it's OK I guess but not even close to Vie Long, Omega, or even my FS

Fonex boar brush. Been using this almost exclusively for many months now, it took a while to break in but I'm loving it.

Attachments

• $fonex2.jpg
    $fonex2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 77
This brings up a great point. I understand Vulfix and Simpson are made by the same people in the same factory using (essentially) the same materials. What makes Simpson the "ne plus ultra" in the shaving world rather than the pedestrian Vulfix? Truth be told I bought an inexpensive Vulfix (like about $22) just to try; it's OK I guess but not even close to Vie Long, Omega, or even my FS

How do you think the horse hair of the Vie Long compares in feel on your face to either Badger (say super) or pure Bristle. Vie Longs are very cheap in France, where I go next month for the whole of the summer.

Wilson

$SOTD 001.jpgSoap ARKO, Brush finest 2-band Rudy Vey (grazie Maestro!):adoration:, Razor Thiers Issard n°69 "le Scintillant", AS Balsamo all'Azulene, EDC Penhaligon's OPUS 1870.

"How do you think the horse hair of the Vie Long compares in feel on your face to either Badger (say super) or pure Bristle"

Probably best described as the finest boar you can ever imagine, totally well-broken in. Not floppy like say a big silvertip, not scritchy at all (like some pure badger can be). I'm thinking I can call a good horsehair brush the finest all-purpose brush you can own. Vie Long products are pretty cheap here in the US also. I highly recommend their Zurito model (about $30-$35).

Top Bottom