What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Simpson Tulip 4 from the Somerset Era
proxy.php

SOC w/ Omega soap.

Does anyone else feel that boar brushes work best with soft soaps? I always get better results with them than hard soaps, but alas I rarely use my SOS so its most likely at least partially technique.

SOC w/ Omega soap.

Does anyone else feel that boar brushes work best with soft soaps? I always get better results with them than hard soaps, but alas I rarely use my SOS so its most likely at least partially technique.

I seem to get great results with both hard and soft soaps using boar brushes, they just work for me with all soaps. I started with a VDH Boar which actually broke in really nice and soft and produced awesome lather with soaps (mainly Proraso and VDH) and that is what led me to get the Omegas. The Omegas so far are fantastic with hard soaps and so much nicer than the VDH (which I still don't think is as bad as people say, just nothing special)

My problems is getting badger brushes to work well with hard soaps but they work fine with soft soaps and creams.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Went to the boar this morning . . . Semogue 1305 to try to tear up the last of the Cade I used in the challenge. Yes, that's the bottom of an Old Spice mug! Still a few days left after using it about 25 days in November . . . and it started the challenge with maybe a quarter puck left. The puck is finally gone, those chips are outer trimmings cut to fit it in there and hold it in place a year ago.

proxy.php

Went to the boar this morning . . . Semogue 1305 to try to tear up the last of the Cade I used in the challenge. Yes, that's the bottom of an Old Spice mug! Still a few days left after using it about 25 days in November . . . and it started the challenge with maybe a quarter puck left. The puck is finally gone, those chips are outer trimmings cut to fit it in there and hold it in place a year ago.

proxy.php

:thumbup1: Isn't the bottom of the mug a sight for sore eyes?

Top Bottom