What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

I have recently been using a Parkers Best Indian Black Badger 24mm, which was a great palm/face latherer but occasionally, could be a bit scritchy. I recently bought from Peter Hyde, one of his hand made New Forest Super Badger Two Band 24mm brushes. This is like the Parker, quite a big brush, with a 50mm loft and 52mm handle of 39mm diameter. It lathers even better than the Parker, as it has quite a stiff backbone but is much gentler on my face. As I am a palm/face latherer, this is important to me. Very good for the price. Nearly but not quite as good as my big Kent Silver Tip, which sadly I left behind in a hotel a couple of months ago (it had fallen onto the bathroom floor and been covered by a towel, so I did not spot it in my check around before leaving) and even though I phoned later in the day, it had been re-located to a new owner by that time.

Great service from Peter, with brush arriving within 36 hours of ordering. Pic below with quarter for scale.

Wilson

Attachments

• $New Forest.jpg
    $New Forest.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 67
Rooney 3/1 Super Silvertip lathering CF Lavender (I think...)

$rooney3-1super.jpg

Wanted to snap a pic before I got too engrossed in the lathering process. Also, my apologies for the subpar camera phone pic​

Top Bottom