What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well Marco I had my first shave last night with the Chubby 1 Super and it was with MWF as well. I face lathered with it and I have to say I was mightily impressed with its performance. You are correct as well as Andrew (drumana) who just got one too that it is a DENSE brush. What I like about it is that it has more of a fan shaped as opposed to the more bulb shaped D3 I have. I think the fan shape helps open the hairs up and get some flow through in there. I got some great lather with it and it'll remain in the lineup for sure. It's soft tips were nice, but the D3 in Best gives it a run for its money.

It seems I've been bitten by the Simpson bug!:001_tongu I have a Chubby 1 two band that Brett sent to me and hopefully will be here today. I think I will be doing a comparison review between the Chubby 1 two band and three band Super's and one between all three (D3 included).

Thanks for all your advice Marco, been enjoying your reviews too, although they're costing me money:laugh:

Now what will my next Simpson be??.....Milk churn, colonel, tulip, Ehsan....hmmmmm:lol:

Justin, I essentially agree with your opinions. The Chubby 1 Super 3 band is a VERY dense brush and the densest I've ever used. Its tips are extremely soft and it's an overall superb brush, especially for face lathering soaps. I just rate it a step below the Duke 3 Best, which is my all-time Simpson favourite. Compared to the Chubby 1 Super, the Duke 3 Best is slightly less dense, but with a great backbone. The Duke is also more scrubby (something I love) and has a larger, more comfortable handle.

Thank you, Justin. Several B&B members are saying the same thing about my reviews... But what can I do, if I'm a so passionate wet shaver? :001_tt1:

Your next Simpson? I'd consider the Colonel X2L Best.

The one on the left:thumbup1:

proxy.php

Pre-2005 Shavemac today. Whatta monster. Wow. :thumbup1:

EDIT: Used it w/Harris's Marlborough. Gobs & gobs of lather. Zounds!

Last edited:
A replay of Mr. Angry's little brother, the Simpson Classic 1, with Cade. Too much water in the brush when I started loading this morning, and got a lot of airy lather. I swear this soap will kick me in the pants to the very end. :tongue_sm

Just waiting for Mr. Angry Jr to arrive , and then it will be Jr. and SCS Pumpkin with GB ASM.... and off to celebrate Lohri with some Punjabi friends....mmmmmmmmmmmmm samosas

Top Bottom