What's new

Info on an unusual Shick DE?

Came across a picture of a Shick DE TTO razor I have never seen before and was wondering if anyone had any info on them:

proxy.php

I am familiar with the Krona but think this looks kinda funky.

Last edited:
I've used one, and it does shave very nicely. Being nearly all plastic, it is very light. I never shaved with a Krona, so I can't compare the two.

Managed to acquire one of these from a guy in the Netherlands - mint in box and seems really nice if a little top heay. Will give it a go soon.

Yes, I have one of these in black with what I presume is the original case. This case is the same as I have seen used for the Krona so assume this razor to be the successor to the Krona also.

The TTO doors seem to be the same as the Krona. Mine has "Schick" pressed into the doors like later model Kronas which leaves me to believe mine is a later model than the one in the initial picture.

Word has it that these were marketed in the former Eastern Bloc countries in the 90s just after the wall came down. Gillette, Schick and many other comanies used this new market area to promote earlier generation product in a developing econnomy much as it still is done in the third world.

As a modern example abd although the Gillette Guard is a new product, it is aimed squarely at a "lower end" market segment.

Here are a couple of bad pictures;

Last edited:
Oh, and it shaves well, a bit like a Super Speed which I've been using of late. I'll put it on the scales for a correct weight later.

I'm probably in the minority here but I quite like the looks of that razor. Especially in white.

Top Bottom