What's new

What is holding him up

That's amazing.

Clearly the guy has been drinking, and IS drinking, the fact that he didn't cut his face of more than he did is really amazing.

Watching the video (which I have seen before) it struck me as odd that he kept thunking the razor on something to clear the lather from it. Doing that with an actual straight would instantly dull it.

Watching the video more closely, I am pretty sure he is shaving with some form of a shavette.

Watching the video (which I have seen before) it struck me as odd that he kept thunking the razor on something to clear the lather from it. Doing that with an actual straight would instantly dull it.

Watching the video more closely, I am pretty sure he is shaving with some form of a shavette.

In a manner of speaking this video is fake. This guy is "shaving"(more like wiping lather off) with an empty (no blade) shavette.

I think I've seen this video on here before. In any case, this dude is pretty much a scumbag, but I wouldn't say that to his face - Englishmen of this sort are all as hard as goats' knees (a consequence of their being descended from many generations of seamen, no doubt). I don't really see how anyone can call this video fake, considering that he starts with a full beard and ends up clean shaven (not to mention bloody as hell).

+1

I am not sure why I even started a thread maybe it was because I did not want to see this alone. :laugh:

+1

Still trying to figure out how that video can help me improve my straight razor technique and abilities.

I mastered drinking years ago.

I sometimes have a cold beer or more rarely a glass of decent whisky on hand if I'm shaving in the evening, usually at the weekend. But I'd never have a few and then decide it was shaving time (I can't think of an occasion where intoxication would be OK but being unshaven would not be). I'm also astonished he can knock back that cheap scotch so easily straight from the bottle and no ice or anything.

I was searching for some straight shaving educational videos when I found this one, while I was watching it I thought: "Well, in a way it is educational, it shows you what NOT to do"
Then I was amazed of the fact that he emptied that bottle of scotch in 7 minutes, I usually have one for weeks!

Top Bottom