What's new

Post your Slant

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Well, title says all. There are a few threads in the Straight Razor section where gents post their gear accordingly (i.e. Japanese Straight razors, Sheffield, etc).

I thought it would be interesting to do the same type of activity in this forum. So, you got a slant? Please post it, you know which slant it is? Please post that information too!

I do not own any but I'm curious to see what everyone have! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Your original post title said, "Post Your Gillette Slant." I was thinking, "I did not realize they made one. Must be rare.":lol:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Your original post title said, "Post Your Gillette Slant." I was thinking, "I did not realize they made one. Must be rare.":lol:

Yup, changed the title, Gillette did make a slant, I don't think they pop very often but re-thinking about it, any slant will do!

proxy.php

From left to right: Zaiss Neo-Lux; unbranded German bakelite open comb slant (missing a corner tooth on each side from a dive off the counter, but doesn't effect the shave); vintage Merkur Slant (came in a silver case that's not pictured here).

GatorShaver, that Zaiss is BEUTIFUL, where did you find it? BTW, hating the Florida / Florida State game now!

It was on eBay about a month ago. I found it by searching for "Germany Razor" (which I do because there are a few different slants and other kind of odd razors that show up occasionally with that search). I was kind of surprised that I was the only one who bid on it.

And agreed, although I'm actually a little relieved this season is over.

proxy.php

From left to right: Zaiss Neo-Lux; unbranded German bakelite open comb slant (missing a corner tooth on each side from a dive off the counter, but doesn't effect the shave); vintage Merkur Slant (came in a silver case that's not pictured here).

OK. Now I am confused. I thought a 'slant' was like the two on the right; where the blade is 'twisted' to provide a shearing stroke with a straight pull. So the Zaiss Neo-Lux is also considered a slant? I guess it would give a shearing stroke while pulling the handle straight. But then a Fat Boy whill produce a shearing stoke if I hold the handle at an angle and pull it down maintaining the angle.

The Zaiss is basically a regular/normal head mounted at an angle to the handle?

Some of these have not been cleaned since their last shave, some have not been cleaned since I received them :blushing:

Some of these may not fit everyone's definition of 'slant'

Vintage Hoffritz, modern Merkur, and vintage Hoffritz 'super slant'
proxy.php

Regular Fasan, and two Fasan double slants
proxy.php

Two Mulcutos, and one unmarked. The case it was in said 'Philite'
proxy.php

Unknown, Raadvad, Krect, and Ginge
proxy.php

Peroni, Pacific, and Doppelfein
proxy.php

Last edited:
The left one is a vintage 3-piece slant, the one on the right is a Chessman-slant:
proxy.php

and disassembled:

proxy.php

Chessman-slant vs. open-comb slant:

proxy.php

Pomco travel slant:

proxy.php

Hoffritz-slant and Merkur HD slant:

proxy.php

Vintage Merkur-slant (looks like the super-Hoffritz posted above except for the head cap):

proxy.php

All these are Merkurs or rebranded Merkurs.

Oel that is a fantastic collection of slant's you have there. Have you shaved with all of them?

I have shaved with all of them except the Hoffritz. I bought it for 26 dollars from the bay a few years ago before the Hoffritz-hype started. It came in the original case and looks like it was used only one or two times before I bought it. The set contained a original Hoffritz blade also. Has someone informations, how many blades these sets came with? I assume two blades, maybe ten in the blade holder? Thanks.

Last edited:
My one slant. A 39c Sledgehammer. Photos by the person I bought it from on the BST. Sorry, I forgot who it was.

Top Bottom