What's new

Mergress make blades last longer?

I got my Mergress a few weeks ago and loaded an astra blade in it a while back. I don't remember exactly how many shaves I got out of the blade, but it was over 7 and I was still getting three pass BBS shaves with it. I just changed the blade because I thought I needed to. Has anyone else had this happen?

I now know the Mergress is definitely the RAD killer for me. I will soon be buying another just in case something happens to mine, and probably one for the wife.

It hasn't extended blade life for me but I am one person who like you did changes blades because I think it's time and not because of tugging etc. I have got up to 5 shaves then decided to change.

You said it's killed RAD but you're planning on buying two more! :lol:

- Aaron

I got my Mergress a few weeks ago and loaded an astra blade in it a while back. I don't remember exactly how many shaves I got out of the blade, but it was over 7 and I was still getting three pass BBS shaves with it. I just changed the blade because I thought I needed to. Has anyone else had this happen?

I now know the Mergress is definitely the RAD killer for me. I will soon be buying another just in case something happens to mine, and probably one for the wife.

I can imagine that any adjustable razor would help in this regard because the blade is set at the angle that you desire for optimal cutting. Seven shaves out of a DE blade is pretty good going!

It hasn't extended blade life for me but I am one person who like you did changes blades because I think it's time and not because of tugging etc. I have got up to 5 shaves then decided to change.

You said it's killed RAD but you're planning on buying two more! :lol:

- Aaron

I stand by my statement. It's still the RAD killer because I don't need to buy other razors to try, just a backup in case something happens to the one I have. At least, this is how I justify the money to myself. :001_tongu

They are great razors, did you get the standard one or a custom knob?
I love the HD and the Mergress is like an adjustable HD.

I have bought one more razor since the Mergress, I got the Vision because I had to try it! I read it to be the Ferarri of shavers. It's a good shaver but way too big. I like the smaller razors.

- Aaron

Where can I check these out?

Edit: I found them at Lee's but they are out of stock. Anywhere else to get them?

Last edited:
I got the standard knob from Mer with red paint.

I ordered one online and had it sent to Mer to be fixed. That's probably what I'll do next time, too. The turn-around time was very short and I am much more than pleased.

I got the standard knob from Mer with red paint.

I ordered one online and had it sent to Mer to be fixed. That's probably what I'll do next time, too. The turn-around time was very short and I am much more than pleased.

+1. That's what I did with my two. The first Progress I used a while and then shipped it to Eric. I liked it so much I ordered an XL from Superior Shave and they shipped it to Eric. Both are terrific razors.

I did not get any more use out of the blade but found they are better balanced and the blade gap is more uniform resulting in a much better shave.

Top Bottom