What's new

Australian version of WhippedDog Razors?

Hi,

I was just wondering if any other Australians know any place within Australia offering similar stuff to Whipped dog in the US?

I've never tried straight shaving, but am keen to learn. I just need a strop and blade I can learn on without worrying too much.

Or is this better to go into Wanted to buy? Sorry if mis-posted.

Cheers,

Dave

Legion

Staff member
There is nothing quite quite like whipped dog here that I know of. BST is probably a good bet, although once you get your post count up a bit you will be able to join Great Southern Land and put a call out for any local help you might need. I might be able to help you out if you have something particular in mind. Send me a PM if you like and I'll see if I can sort you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

I am THE whipped dog! And, my wife takes high umbrage at the insinuation that there can be another whipped man around equal to my mettle. Even one down under!

Signed,
Whipped, In My Dog House, Properly Subservient in Texas

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Have you tried whippedwombat.com?

It's Whippeddingo.com.au :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, not that I know of...

However, if you have something particular in mind, then a WTB (Want to Buy) thread should help you. There are members that could help. Legion might have something that fits your budget.

Yeah the dingo, will steal your razor:001_smile

That's why there are a lot of smooth dingoes out there. :tongue_sm

Thanks for all the advice, although the above links don't seem to work I will figure something out.

Cheers,

Dave

Any reason not to buy from Whipped Dog?

I am down under and my transaction with Larry went very well. I can't see getting things piecemeal and paying multiple shipping working out that great myself.

Legion

Staff member
Any reason not to buy from Whipped Dog?

I am down under and my transaction with Larry went very well. I can't see getting things piecemeal and paying multiple shipping working out that great myself.

No, I guess not. And our dollar is pretty good at the moment. Some people just prefer to get things locally if they can.

No, I guess not. And our dollar is pretty good at the moment. Some people just prefer to get things locally if they can.

No problem with that outlook. There are plenty of things I prefer to get locally. I was just checking as possibly the OP thought he couldn't order from WD...

Hi,

I was thinking of getting local if I could, and have since found some stuff to get me started. I'm still looking at some hones and things from Whipped Dog, but first of all I just want to see if this is for me.

Also, a bit of impatience with international shipping might be at play :001_huh:
I just want a basic setup quickly, and searching around these threads makes me want to just acquire more razors, which is odd since I haven't used one yet!
Also, it's my birthday coming up and I hope to drag some steel across my face by then...

So, a combination of all of the above. :thumbup1:

@Shangas: Oh, and I am in Melbourne, like you! :)

Last edited:
If you're in Melbourne and you don't want to spend a billion dollars on a straight-razor, then I suggest making it to the Camberwell Rotary Market, every Sunday morning. That place is literally swimming with razors. Not all of them are great, but you can find some nice gems there, if you're prepared to sharpen and strop them yourself.

Legion

Staff member
That's good to know. I'm moving to (roughly) that part of Melbourne soon. You have to get there crazy early, I guess?

Thanks Shangas, that's a great idea.

It has been some years since I've been there, but crazy early used to be the way :) Well, at least 8am was best, but not everyone will be looking for razors I guess.

Legion

Staff member
Thanks Shangas, that's a great idea.

It has been some years since I've been there, but crazy early used to be the way :) Well, at least 8am was best, but not everyone will be looking for razors I guess.

They will now... :lol:

Top Bottom