What's new

Whats cooking for Thanksgiving?

So far I have two pie crusts resting in the freezer.

Butternut squash soup.

Sweet potatoes are cooked and cooling, I'll finish them tomorrow.

full

full

If I'm able to move tomorrow I'll post more pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got off easy, all I had to make for my contribution this year are deviled eggs and creamed onions.

I got off easy, all I had to make for my contribution this year are deviled eggs and creamed onions.

My Grandmother always made deviled eggs. I. Love. Them.

My wife and kids cant stand them. Maybe I'll make some deviled eggs tomorrow :tongue_sm

Pretty much like any other vegetable like corn or spinach. I peel and steam pearl onions then make a nice cream sauce to poach them in.
I do the peeling and steaming in advance and vac bag the onions with a slog of butter. Then warm and add to the freshly made cream sauce to fully warm.
Save the water from the pot you steamed the onions in for the turkey gravy.

Got a turkey I just finished injecting with maranade and putting a dry rub on the outside of. Going to fry this baby in peanut oil tomorrow.

I can't stand to cook in a kitchen, but give me a grill/smoker/fish cooker and I'm like a pig in mud.

Beerman

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The "Blonde Nurse" sets a wonderful table!
proxy.php

I'm giving special Thanks this year to my Dad's recovery from his stroke, finding Mary, and for Family and Friends to share our good fortunes!

Happy Thanksgiving from Balmy Lakeland, Florida!

22 lb Turkey with Cornbread Stuffing
11 lb Smithfield Ham w/ Port, Pineapple & Cloves
Southern Indiana Oyster Dressing
Yellow Squash Casserole
Roasted Brussell Sprouts
Whipped Idaho Potatoes
Fresh Giblet Gravy
Sweet Potatoes
Corn Pudding
Fresh Cranberry Sauce w/ Port, Orange & Lemon
Deviled Eggs
Relish Tray Pickles, Peppers, Okra
Chicago Hard Rolls and Sweet Cream Butter
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Cranberry/Cherry Tarts
Sweet Iced Tea
Saintsbury Garnet 2008 Pinot Noir

Last edited:
I myself made a creole seasoning and rubbed 5 cornish hens, stuffed them with beer cans, Michelob ultra slim cans to be exact baked them and made a beer gravy with yuengling.

Ham, Garlic mashed sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, lasagne, focaccia bread, and rum pumpkin pecan cake.

The gravy is a take from Guinness gravy, but to cut down on bitterness I made it with yuengling, while it would have looked far more appealing with a beer like Guinness i have to say it could have not tasted any better.

These no longer resemble this pic taken moments before carving...
proxy.php
What a good looking bird. Cant wait to cook mine on christmas.Ham too. Since we had a thanksgiving dinner last saturday and i cooked country style ham and red-eye gravy I didnt make a ham for thanksgiving..Do you brine your ham or make a glaze for it?

Last edited:
The dressing was the real star here... Sage sausage, apple, cherry and walnuts mixed with the typical dried bread cubes, onion and celery.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wish I had taken a picture of what I accomplished this Thanksgiving.

Needing some extra cash I told a few people I would smoke or fry their Thanksgiving turkey as long as they provided the thawed turkey. Word got around and I had 20 to smoke and 50 to fry. Started when I got off work at 4pm and cooked all night. I had three smokers and two fryers going all night. Luckily Mr. Murphy did not show up and everything went according to plan. If I do this again I will charge a little more and start earlier. I got done around 10am and by 10:30 everyone had picked up their turkies and could enjoy my Thanksgiving.

Pretty much like any other vegetable like corn or spinach. I peel and steam pearl onions then make a nice cream sauce to poach them in.
I do the peeling and steaming in advance and vac bag the onions with a slog of butter. Then warm and add to the freshly made cream sauce to fully warm.
Save the water from the pot you steamed the onions in for the turkey gravy.

I make creamed onions every year as well. At first my family was skeptical. Now they'd have my head if there were no onions! I prefer them to gravy with my turkey.

Top Bottom