What's new

Could use some tall tales about now

I used to listen to my father and uncles engage in some one upsmanship when I was young. It was a way to pass the time after a hard day's work. It worked something like this. One would tell a lie and then after some laughter and teasing, another would top the previous speaker's lie. It was good innocent fun and when done right, could go on for hours. What inspired me to see if a thread like this would work in B&B is a "lie" told by Ouch earlier this week. Here it is
A few years back, I dropped a straight that was so sharp it went right through the center of the Earth and appeared, momentarily, at the diametrically opposed spot on the planet, whereupon gravitational forces pulled it back my way. It has, ever since, been swinging back and forth between these two points. Occasionally, I'll peak into the hole in my bathroom hoping to get a lucky chance at grabbing it on the rebound, but, so far, no luck.
Here is my effort at topping his lie.

I've got a razor that's pretty sharp. But I can't use it. Yesterday I was honing it on a C12K, sneezed and embeded it 1/4" into the stone. Anybody ever do this? Need help in getting it out. Don't worry about repairing the stone. I'll just shave off the damaged part.

Any takers?

I once goy my razor stuck in a C12K as well, it was like the Sword in the Stone, nobody could get it free...

And then inspiration struck: I lathered up some Institute Karate shave soap, and proceeded to split the stone in half with my forehead, whilst simultaneously performing the coupe de maitre with the semi imbedded razor. Damn fine shave....:thumbup1:

You guys are lucky to be able to even use hones. My stubble is generally rough enough within minutes of a BBS shave that I use it to touch up the razor for the following day.

I once goy my razor stuck in a C12K as well, it was like the Sword in the Stone, nobody could get it free...

And then inspiration struck: I lathered up some Institute Karate shave soap, and proceeded to split the stone in half with my forehead, whilst simultaneously performing the coupe de maitre with the semi imbedded razor. Damn fine shave....:thumbup1:

Oh, Institute Karate. Fine product.
If you're into the actual shaving thing.
I reach for my razor and my stubble screams (sometimes as a chorus, sometimes each hair individually) retreats under the skin and refuses to come out. So much faster than shaving, but the 100% ingrowns thing is getting old. And with the price of gasoline nearing $3.00 per gallon, using it as an exfolliant is getting prohibitive. All in all though, There's Something About A 97 0ctane Man. Does jet fuel contain lead? Napalm?

My stubble is so good and evenly spread I wittle tall ships just by scrapping wood against it. I then shave it and smooth the sucker down.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JK5kChbRw[/YOUTUBE]

Eat a handful of cold poison? Hard to top that one. I'll need time. Time is money so I'll have to try to rob the time bank just to break even.

What's this razor thing?

I just burn my stubble with a can of WD40 and a Zippo... leaves the chin smooth. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom