What's new

New Guy from Brooklyn...

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Aaron - I'm originally from England but I've lived in New York for 9 years. I'm a freelance photographer.

I just bought a Parker 91R, it came with Shark blades, I also bought a shaving brush, Proraso shave cream and pre shave cream...

I have just tried my first DE shave and feel a little sore!! Hmmmm... I love the idea of DE shaving but on my first attempt it's clear I have much to learn. A few nicks, razor burn on my neck and plenty of areas not shaved very close at all... I feel like a teenager all over again, like shaving for the first time! Ahhh well, practice is the name of the game I guess.

Great forum you guys have here and there seems to be LOADS of great info... Looking forward to being part of the community.

Cheers!

Aaron.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B. Your first shaving experience with a DE is one we've all had the pleasure of enduring, but I can tell you you are on the never look back journey now. Take it easy, good lather prep, get the angle right, zero pressure, and you will realise what we all crave about here.

David :thumbup:

Welcome to B&B. I am a noob with only 2 weeks of DE experience, but I am 98% sure that Shark blades are not the right blade for me. I might try them one more time, but they did not seem to cut through my coarse beard as well as Merkur blades and Feather blades. I am not suggesting that you should use Merkur or Feather blades, but you may want to look into a blade sampler to see what works best for you.

Have fun! It will get better for us noobs with practice.

RR

Welcome, Sharks are one of my favorites; don't expect every shave to be great, but within a month you will know what a great shave is. I've had Parkers perform great and had a couple that could't hold a blade straight or even so eyeball your blade alignment.... it should be even on each side and equal on each side

enjoy,
ken

Welcome, Sharks are one of my favorites; don't expect every shave to be great, but within a month you will know what a great shave is. I've had Parkers perform great and had a couple that could't hold a blade straight or even so eyeball your blade alignment.... it should be even on each side and equal on each side

enjoy,
ken

Thanks Ken!

It looks straight and even to me...

Practice... Practice... :biggrin1:

Welcome to Badger & Blade!

The start can be rather rough. Go back and map out your hair growth. Concentrate on your pressure and angle. Finally, post back and let us know how it is going!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
AaronSG:
Welcome to the B & B...and yes...your 'gonna' love it here :shaving:

Once you get time....please tell all of us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum :biggrin1:

Christopher :badger:

Top Bottom