What's new

Thanksgiving (November 25th) SOTD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shavers,
please join us in posting your SOTD for Thanksgiving Day here in this thread. Hopefully many of you will have more time than is normal to enjoy your shaving ritual and I also hope that you can share your photos (or text) with us on Badger and Blade.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Excellent idea, David!

Gents, whether you are putting together a themed SOTD with scents that help remind you of Thanksgiving (anyone have Turkey shaving soap :lol:) or simply rolling out some of your favorite shave goodies because you have the additional time and many things to be thankful for this could be a great/interesting day for luxury shaves!

Let's see 'em fellas!!!

Thanks Dave, a fantastic idea. My picture won't be themed. Normally I travel for the holidays. This Thanksgiving the family came to me. So I get to use one of my razors which is reserved for special occasions.

Thanks Dave, a fantastic idea. My picture won't be themed. Normally I travel for the holidays. This Thanksgiving the family came to me. So I get to use one of my razors which is reserved for special occasions.

Sadly, most of my "special occasion" razors don't look half as good as Henry's everyday "beaters"...

Today is a normal office day here, although it will be a little quieter than normal, so that means a shave and out the door and on my way! My wife and I have been invited to dinner this evening by an American girlfriend and her Swiss hubby and we are really looking forward to catching up with a great group of people.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rooney| Cade Soap| Mühle 89 + Derby| Harris' Pink AS| C&S 88

proxy.php

Great idea David, and thanks to the SOTD crew: David, Vasco, Henry, Azmark, Eelco, Søren, Mattew, Mark, ..... bufff this list can be continued ad infinitum.....Thank you guys to post your shaves and pics and to support the other members so kindly :thumbup:

proxy.php

Last edited:
I didn't have the right products for a themed shave so I just went with a really nice one. I started playing with the editing software and really liked how it accented the soap.

My Thanksgiving Day shave consisted of:

Merkur 37G | Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) | 2006 B&B LE Mod Edition (Gold) | Yardley SS | Bulgarian Lavendar EO AS Splash​

I have much to be thankful for this year. I hope you and yours have (or had) a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Happy Thanksgiving!

7/8 or better Wade & Butcher The Celebrated Full Hollow Chopper
Tony Miller 3" Latigo Heirloom Strop
Grosvenor LE 2 Band Super Badger
Valobra Shave Stick
Alt Innsbruck
Floris Santal EDT
Tabac Hair Cream

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Since I am traveling for the holiday I am using a travel set-up and still participating in the Cade Challenge so this is my Thanksgiving Day line-up:

Merkur Gold HD - Red IP
EJ Medium Silvertip
L'Occitane Cade s/s
WWR
CWS
Thayers Lavender w/h
L'Occitane Cade a/s

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Remember to overeat, and take a nice long nap. :lol::lol:

Shave for Thanksgiving 2010:

Feather Portable/ Bluebird
Erasmic Shaving Cream
Penworks Finest Badger Brush
Witch Hazel*
Barbasol Pacific Rush doctored with Navy Cologne**

Great overall shave today!!

*In the Vintage Seafroth bottle.
**I had a 1/2 bottle of Navy Cologne by Dana that I found to be rather unimpressive. So I dumped it into 2 oz of Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave Splash. Didn't want to be wasteful. :lol::lol: I love this Stetson bottle with a train on it; trains are one of my other interests.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving

Simpson Eagle G3 in Best
GB Signature SS
Tuckaway/ Gillette Yellow
Speick ASL
Creed Windsor

Sorry no pic.... but

SCS Pumpkin SS
Harvard H4
6/8 "Imperial"
Thayers
Pinauds VI Bay Rum

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SCS Lanolin (thankful for a great product made be a great person)

Edwin Jager Best Badger Brush (thankful this was my first real brush)

Gillette 1950 flare tip Rocket w/ (thankful this was given to me from my Dad)

Red IP (thankful because I still have some of these)

DR Harris Arlington AS (thankful because I just love this stuff)

and to finish it off.

Castle Forbes Neroli (thankful because wow what a scent!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Omega 11130
Col. Conk Lime
Weishi / Derby
Pinaud Clubman as

Was gonna go with a less pungent aftershave but then I decided that I really didn't care if the family could smell me over the turkey or not. An excellent shave, one of my current favorite combinations.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom