What's new

Acquisitions: Monday April 16 - April 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2 Merkurs actually, and one was a little bit of a suprise!!

OK, so The Bride and I go shopping in Detroit as we do most weekends. When we were done, I told her I was taking a detour on the way home as I wanted to visit a shaving shop. She rolled her eyes the same way as when I take a side trip to JR Cigars!!:biggrin:

Anyway, I wanted to visit The Time & Shaver Shop in the Detroit suburb of Redford Township (short review coming Michael).

I pull in the parking lot and she says "Cool, a watch shop, I'm gonna have a look".

Make a long story short, I looked over their selection of Merkurs and Dovos :)tongue_sm :blush: ) and after a while of trying to Decide, I got a Long Handled Classic, only because of the price. It was $29.99, which I thought was the same as Classicshaving.com, and my memory served me right. The Futur I seemed to think was a little expensive in this shop, and I was right, it was $69.99, as opposed to $49.99 at the same reference as above. (The Futur felt real nice in my hand though and it was super hard to walk away from.)

So I got a pack of blades with it, and found the wife trying on a watch. I told her I was going next door to fill the car up with gas, and I'd wait for her in the car.

Skip ahead to supper. I cooked a nice Butter chicken for us (her favourite Indian dish) and made her a Cappuccino after with a double Espresso for myself. As we're sitting enjoying the coffees, she pipes up and says "Oh, by the way, I got you a little something today". I couldn't figure out what it was as I was thinking she hadn't been alone (I had forgotten the razor store). She comes out with the Futur I was dreaming over!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :thumbup:

So, now I can't wait for a shower tonight before I go to bed.

BTW, I also snagged a bottle of Poraso Pre Shave Cream, and a tub of Poraso Green Shave Cream, that was in the Shoppers Drug Mart here in town.

Sorry to be so long winded and type out a diary, but I am so excited!!!

NOTE:

Wife says small things amuse small minds!!!:blush: :lol:

Lord knows it doesn't take much to amuse me Jim!:rolleyes1 Congrats on the two new Merkurs. I'll be curious to hear what you think of them. Both are excellent razors but yet very different razors. Slap a Feather in them and they'll just glide across your face. That is unless you have the Futur opened all the way up and then........:yikes:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Jim, Wonderful story! I could feel your enthusiastic feeling and appreciation for what will become a daily ritual of enjoyment. Certainly give us a full review of your Detroit shave shop find.

I got six razors and I still get excited when getting a new razor. When Canada Post rang the doorbell with the B&B brush I failed to notice my dog getting out.

Thanks for sharing your story, Jim!

It IS the little things in life that make the difference! :biggrin:

Happy shaving!! :thumbup:

Tchau,
chop-chop

Just got this english beauty:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
............doesn't mean that I haven't been buying.

Lovely old Drew & Sons leather travel case. Hallmarked sterling caps dated London 1925. Set is complete and all pieces match.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

That is very, very cool Steve. Good find. I swear, you must have built in radar for the coolest stuff out there.

:biggrin:

Dennis

Thanks to the T&H Spring/20% off sale, a tub of Almond, & a tub of Grafton... both unneeded at this point, but who am I to pass up such a deal???

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Nick..As a licensed Auctioneer, I am well versed in telephone bidding...I'd bet a number of the members here wouldn't mind doing that or at least what we call in the business a "left" bid or absentee bid...might want to consider it...unless your crowd has a large percentage of shaving enthusiasts. Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom