What's new

menthol shampoo?

has anyone found / use a shampoo with menthol in it?

or is there some other oil that can cause that same feeling -

didnt see anything in the reviews;

juat wondering;

Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil shampoo gives a very similar reaction as menthol. Especially nice when there is a nice cool breeze.

Giovanni Organics Tea Tree Triple Invigorating Shampoo contains menthol and eucalyptus (besides tea tree) and will provide you a cooling sensation. You can get it at iherb.com, and if you use the IRO586 you can get a $5 discount for your first purchase. Meaning you can get this shampoo for $1.11 plus shipping. You can't get it cheaper than that :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Giovanni Triple Threat Tea Tree has peppermint, tea treem eucylyptus and menthol its quite tingly and cooling the first few weeks you use it, but you kinda get used to it after a while and it doesnt have as much of a cooling tingling effect.

I know I'm going to risk catching some bad comments from this, but I use Axe Freeze. It's a anti-itch, anti-dandruff shampoo, and it has one hell of a menthol kick! It works great, and it's inexpensive.

The Mrs picked up a bottle of the CO Bigelow Mentha Shampoo which is commonly available at Bath and Body Works for me a few weeks back. I have very thick straight hair, combined with a sensitive scalp that easily dries out AND is prone to build up, and this stuff is great! TGel has been my standard for 15+ years, and I think I may have found a replacement! During the wash, the menthol is there, but it's when you rinse, and are drying off that scalp freeze comes into play! It's fairly moisturizing without being heavy, and leaves ZERO buildup! Watch for the sales as you can get this stuff damn cheap!

Aaron :thumbup:

I use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo, which has tea tree oil, peppermint, and eucalyptus. It cools my scalp quite well and isn't heavy at all. It also comes in a body wash which is equally nice.

I use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo, which has tea tree oil, peppermint, and eucalyptus. It cools my scalp quite well and isn't heavy at all. It also comes in a body wash which is equally nice.

This is the best choice, IMO, of all the choices posted thus far. No SLS and no SLES. Anti-dandruff activity from the Tea Tree. Inexpensive. And you get that tingle. It's a no-lose proposition.

i've got the trio of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash and find it to be all really nice, although the shampoo/conditioner does feel a bit like it may have meant for oily hair.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil shampoo gives a very similar reaction as menthol. Especially nice when there is a nice cool breeze.

I often use this on in the summer, it's a good shampoo and it really cools you off...

I'll get some flak for this, but Wash and Go Fresh.

Dirt cheap, and leaves my (mid length) hair feeling great and easily to style. I've used this exclusively for the last two months and can't see the point in using anything more expensive, except for scent maybe.

I used to use expensive salon brands and to be honest they all do pretty much the same thing, except if you have problematic hair.

It's not a mega-menthol blast, but it's there.

I forgot to mention that the Giovanni Tea Tree triple Threat shampoo and conditioner do not contain laurel/laureth sulfates and if you have a TjMaxx or Marshalls around you can sometimes find a huge 33oz salon sized bottle for around $12!

Top Bottom