What's new

What shaving related stuff did you request for Christmas?

The wife thinks I've finally lost it this year. My Christmas list was 90% shaving stuff. I asked for:

Saddleback Leather small travel kit in Tobacco (fingers crossed on this one)
Joris open comb razor in the spiraling line pattern (ditto)
Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff
Italian Floid aftershave - the larger round bottle and the amber juice

The only non-shaving stuff on the list was Trumper Eucris EDT and a few Xbox 360 games.

What about you guys? What are hoping to see under the tree this year?

***NOW WITH PICS TO INFLAME AD***

Last edited:
I made a huge list with all types of things for the hobbies I enjoy. Fountain pens and straight razors. I may have asked for a Fedora. Nothing much else though. Oh, I think a book. Not that I want nor expect all on my list, just giving options. I want the book "Sh*t My Dad Says". And, a few colognes are on my list, which....I sort of put under the shaving category. Heck, write and shave is all I do. LOL.

As far as shaving stuff goes, probably just some Mitchell's Wool Fat and/or Art of Shaving Sandalwood soap and (maybe) some Santa Maria Novella Lavender aftershave. I say maybe because I might just end up buying it for myself after Christmas!

I asked for a bottle of Irisch Moos aftershave. I'm addicted to the scent of their shave stick so I thought I should indulge myself further.

Last year, I got a hand made vegetable-based shaving soap. I'm still using it.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Didn't ask for anything shave related...have everything I need right now. My teflon coated injector blades arrived today. :biggrin1:

Did ask for a 1935 reproduction Zippo lighter...Ronson I have doesn't spark every time. That gets irritating, but the lighter does work well. When I first got the Ronson and had problems with the spark, somehow the trick of holding your thumb over the cover and then hitting the lever came out of nowhere. I used to do that years ago.

I do want a TCI 700r transmission for my 400 hp Camaro...but that ain't gonna happen.

On my "DO NOT GET!" list are: socks, underwear, and jeans...have plenty of those too.

Not really shave related...but asked for these scents :biggrin1:

Floris London- JF

Aqua Di Parma- colonia intensa

Last edited:
Great thread!

My folks are headed to Florence after the first of the year so I will get a haul of shaving stuff then so I didn't ask for any at Christmas. I DID, however, ask for a ton of books and a gift certificate for a new pipe and some tobacco. :sailor:

What my fiancee will get me is anyone's guess! :confused1:confused1

I'm thinking of asking my brother for 100 Feather blades which is a year's supply for me and is also quite inexpensive. I can't possibly allow anyone to buy me any soaps, creams, aftershaves or razors (chance would be a fine thing). I have far too many of those already.

I still hide my shaving ad from my household, so I've been buying myself presents on the sly

One of the problems with being single is you find yourself doing that all the time (does that count as a problem?). No one has any idea how much shaving stuff I really have (even I have to take an estimate). It is however offset by unrestricted access to the bathroom, so it's swings and roundabouts.

C&E Nomad in a wooden bowl
Pre de Provence
A Jaguar boar brush
Another puck of Edwin Jagger soap

I need absolutely none of these things. But heck, another year or so of soap and another boar brush ain't gonna hurt nothin'.

I asked for a hanging shaving kit for travel, GFT skin food, Menthol Shaving soap from time bath and body, Shavemac shaving brush, fragrances that my wife will find appealing, and shaving creams from T&H or GFT.

I told people I dont need any more shaving gear. I have way to much as it is! Soap and blades for years, and a whole shelf full of brushes. If anything I need to get rid of some of this mess to pay for Christmas!

I'm sure there is something out there, but I dont know what it would right now.

Alt Insbruck
Cella
TOBS Mr. Taylor and Sandalwood creams
Gift certificate to TGN for a restore project to be named later
Any mentholated soap from Mama Bear (spring and summer are just around the corner, after all)

Part of my xmas wish list did include:
ultra sonic cleaner
Simpson Case (and it's case)
Tabac bath soap/aftershave
and a scent of soap/aftershave that my mother in law who has a very sensitive nose can tolerate when we visit/travel with them, which is fairly often

On the other side of things I do plan on giving some shaving related gifts to friends this year. I have a nice inexpensive shaving dopp kit getting set up for a our family gift game it'll have a nice feather travel set, an inexpensive brush of some type and a nice puck of soap.
A few friends of mine will most likely get a superspeed or Tech that I've picked up over the year in my pursuit of conquering my RAD.

Top Bottom