What's new

Shaving nirvana achieved!

So, this morning I excitedly awoke to try out a handful of new products I just received. I recently did a blade swap with a few members (thanks again guys!) and decided to take my new Personna Reds for a spin. I also made a visit to Gentlemen's Best this past weekend and hung out with Ray where he lent me a crusty Fat Boy after finding out I had never used one. I also grabbed a small tub of Castle Forbes Lime cream because I've heard great things about the CF line.

So with the grimy Fat Boy all cleaned up and my Red Personna locked and loaded, I whisked my EJ Best brush around the small plastic tub of CF Limes and went to work. Having never used a Fat Boy before (or any adjustable for that matter) I wanted to work through the adjustment dial to feel the difference. I realized that my smile proportionately grew as I worked my way up to 9(on a 1 - 9 scale for those not in the know) by changing the aggression every few passes. I prefer a very aggressive razor so I stayed with 9 for the remainder of my shave. After taking my time doing multiple WTG and XTG passes I decided to go for it. Now, I'm not a big fan of ATG shaving mainly because my skin is really sensitive, and if I screw up I get nasty redness and razor burn. But I had been so happy that I had to give it a go. I did, and it was bliss. I'm not sure if it was the Personna Reds, the Fat Boy, the Castle Forbes Cream, or a combo of all 3, but the shaving Gods were smiling down on me today for sure.

I immediately began pestering my wife to feel my face as I normally do when I get amazing shaves, and she confirmed what I had thought to be true... I have raised the bar on what I consider to be a BBS shave.

Thanks for reading, everyone. Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

-OldeSchool

Awesome! Your post has given me hope that I can find away to do an xtg pass. Congrats on the awesome shave!

Thanks! My only advice to those seeking a decent against the grain shave... lather WELL (less water more product here) go slow and rinse the blade often.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom