What's new

Global_Dev's Shave Gear Pre-Den gear packup

proxy.php

So my wife is trying to move my shaving gear into a smaller bathroom in the basement. I'd love to go there, but it has almost no space for all this gear at the moment... I have some ideas... maybe rolling cabinet drawers and some small wall shelves...

I think for the moment, i am gonna wait a bit on some more purchases, but I have a jose monserrat 14 (pre-filarmonica i think) and some naniwa super stones and Blenheim Bouquet stuff coming from Gentleman's Best...eventually...maybe... I hope Ray's all right...

some close-ups

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

there is a bit more like Gucci Envy AS and ASB, some Juicy Dirty English Skin tonic, Adidas Dynamic Pulse AS that I forgot about in my current cabinet... but that's about it... besides

omg... I'm still new to wetshaving but this has got to be an extreme case of EAD (EVERYTHING acquisition disorder)

this is about half a year's worth of trying stuff out. The first couple months went slow acquisition wise, a Feather AS, Shea Moisture Brush, and VDH, Hydrolast... you think their good enough, but then you get a taste of something different, the feel, the presence and i realized shaving has transformed from a task I really didn't care for to a luxury I immensely enjoy...

most of this stuff is relatively inexpensive for me so it's nice to be able to have another hobby that I can enjoy without dropping a boatload of cash...

notice nothings cased or NOS, i haven't caught that bug yet...

I will tell you my wife says that my skin is more healthy and nourished looking since I started wetshaving.

Yea I didn't mean to sound condescending as I'm well on my way to having a collection like yours. I just ordered a tech and a SS from ebay that will be arriving soon :thumbup1:

Its really not that bad if this stuff has been acquired over a year's time, plus its worth it cause your skin is healthier!

i didn't take it in that manner. no worries. little by little it grew, but i think I am good on DEs, maybe even straights although I have seen some that I lust after. but it may be the scales more than the blades..

you are correct in that i went out in almost every direction... when it's all in one place it looks like a lot. It's obviously way more than I thought I would ever buy if you read my initial posts on B&B.

Thanks a lot B&B.

I am sure I will be unloading some stuff in the future (probably to some friends), but not anytime soon. too much fun with what i got.

S

Sydney Guy

OK. I thought maybe you were adding it to the lather along with the glycerin.

What a collection! My wife thought I was nuts when I purchased my third cream (Well past that now!)! Thanks for posting. It makes me feel better about my AD's!

What have you milled into the 2 clear glasses on the left?

Last edited:
What a collection! My wife thought I was nuts when I purchased my third cream (Well past that now!)! Thanks for posting. It makes me feel better about my AD's!

What have you milled into the 2 clear glasses on the left?

hopefully the collection will refine itself over the next couple of months...

1 glass had normal VDH delux and the other has a VDH delux with extra glycerin and some other oils.. these were my first soaps.

hopefully the collection will refine itself over the next couple of months...

1 glass had normal VDH delux and the other has a VDH delux with extra glycerin and some other oils.. these were my first soaps.

Did you just find glasses that fit the pucks or did you somehow make the soap fit the glass? Melting down a soap and putting it into whatever container I want is something I've thought about doing.

Also, how do you like that shave mug on the far left (the porcelain looking one)? I might buy one but don't know if its worth it.

Did you just find glasses that fit the pucks or did you somehow make the soap fit the glass? Melting down a soap and putting it into whatever container I want is something I've thought about doing.

Also, how do you like that shave mug on the far left (the porcelain looking one)? I might buy one but don't know if its worth it.

VDH can be melted on low heat in microwave or double boiler and set in whatever you want.

As for the old spice mug, it's a mug for shave soap and if you don't have a soap bowl, it comes in handy. Being a bit wider and lower its more convenient than a regular coffee mug. It has ridges to secure the soap.

What's that white, scruffy looking thing in the back row, just above and to the right of the Shave Butter tub ?

What's that white, scruffy looking thing in the back row, just above and to the right of the Shave Butter tub ?

Hydrolast Shave Cloth. It was folded in half and rolled up and subsequently dried out. It worked well at creating mix with Hydrolast components.

Top Bottom