What's new

Fendrihan "branded" brushes

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
No issues with my silvertip from Alfred. Search for fendrihan on this site and you will find that the few times there were issues, Alfred fixed them up pronto. you'll also find that they're localy made as well.

I purchased one of the silvertip Classic brushes (which I believe is their house brand) as a gift for my son. It soon started to lose hairs by the dozen. When I contacted Fendrihan they were very good at dealing with the issue. We decided to replace with a Vulfix- which has performed very well for over six mos. They didn't want the original brush back and sent a new one at no cost. While I wouldn't recommend a Classic brush I have only good things to say about Fendrihan and their customer service.

I just got the one you posted but in a black handle, first badger brush. It shed and sheds like a ****. I sent them an e-mail and am currently waiting for my replacement. It should be here sometime next week if you want I can let you know how it works when it doesn't shed like crazy haha.

From the one I have right now, might be a little soft for soaps. Whips up crazy amounts of lather with my poraso cream though.

For reference as well.

Here it is new:
proxy.php

aaaaand here is how much this sucker blooms out.

proxy.php

I just ordered the Clasic Super Badger from them, I really hope that it doesn't shed like everyone elses has. I also ordered a silvertip knot from TGN so I can re-knot my Omega 005 so if I have to get the Fendrihan replaced I will have a spare.

Wow! Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I think I may reconsider this purchase. I'm glad I asked before I went out and spent my $! I really appreciate the help.

I just got the one you posted but in a black handle, first badger brush. It shed and sheds like a ****. I sent them an e-mail and am currently waiting for my replacement. It should be here sometime next week if you want I can let you know how it works when it doesn't shed like crazy haha.

Yes please :001_smile

Wow! Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I think I may reconsider this purchase. I'm glad I asked before I went out and spent my $! I really appreciate the help.

I'm not saying it's a bad brush. I got a dud, it happens. with the one I have that I've been using regardless of the shedding it seems like the brush might be suited for creams. It's soft and pretty floppy. I'm new to this but it seems even Tabac take a little effort to get loaded. But once it does it lathers like crazy. With creams though it lathers like a dream. creates a ridiculous amount of lather and whips it up pretty quick. So it might be awesome for the price depending on what you want it for.

So replacement brush came.
proxy.php

New is on the left, still unused. Sheddy is on the right that post bloom(the new one bloomed about the same after first use).

The new brush shed a couple hairs. Nothing worrisome. However I must say it is probably the opposite in a brush I would ever be looking for. I let er soak while I was in the shower. then proceeded to give er a squeeze and a couple of flicks and load er up with tabac. Well that was a joerb and a half. Loaded it up made some lather, squeezed the lather I got out and tried loading it up again. My guess is this brush takes a while to load because it is kinda floppy and you can't give it much pressure without the tips just splaying all out of the edges of the bowl. Once I did get some lather going I grabbed it by the base of the bristles to work it into my face. That worked quite well, this brush holds a holy S*** ton of lather and I got a real nice thick lather going on(did 3 passes).

So same as the old brush, this is going to be my creams brush(which by the way the old brush rocked the show at lathering) guess I will stick with the boar brush when it comes to lathering up with soap.

My Classic Super Badger came in today, and it bloomed like crazy. It didn't have that wet dog or mothballs smell. It did how ever make quick work of two of my soaps, didn't take much to load it and made an amazing amount of lather. The only draw back I could see was it took for ever to rinse out because it just wanted to hold the lather.

I haven't used it to shave yet because I shaved before it got here, but tomorrow, bright and early I give it the real test. I should say in the two quick lather tests I cave it, On L'Occtaine Cade, and Col. Ichabod Conk Bay Rum, it only shed 2 hairs, so I am hoping thats all it does from time to time.

Either way I am happy with my purchase, and can't wait for my TNG knot to get here. I have the old Omega handle cleaned out sanded and refinished, just waiting for its wig:thumbup1:

All I have ever used is soaps, and an Omega boars hair brush before this brush. It was litterally 12 quick wipes with no pressure. I do let the soap sit for 5 minutes with hot water sitting on top to soften it though.

I am about 4 minutes away from my first shave with the new brush, so here hoping the brush still shines after this run

I have the silvertip version... it lost a few hairs to start, but is now just fine. Its a little floppy to lather up my MWF, but no problems with creams or other soaps.

That said, it is my 2nd brush so I don't have much to compare it to.

Marc

Soap lathering takes a little more work than creams, but I have no problem loading soap with a silvertip. try this.... http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21136
(letting the soap absorb a little water when you're showering makes a world of difference)

Hmm I'll have to give that a try tonight when I shave.

Report my findings. Like I said before it's my first badger, I've only ever used my boar brush which loads soap like a dream. Something between my two brushes would be about perfect.

Here is my Super Badger after one use, still only 2 hairs have come out, nothing during todays shave so I think that the ones that had a shedding problem may have been a bad batch of knots and they have taken them out of stock

proxy.php

And to me it is dense as all get out

proxy.php

Well, I went ahead and ordered the best badger (faux horn), and it arrived today. I'm gonna clean it up a little and give her a go next week. We'll see how it works out...!

Thanks again for all the advice/help, fellas. I really appreciate it. Thi is my first badger brush that would rank above the 'pure badger' designation, and I'm looking forward to slowly building my arsenal!

Well, I went ahead and ordered the best badger (faux horn), and it arrived today. I'm gonna clean it up a little and give her a go next week. We'll see how it works out...!

Thanks again for all the advice/help, fellas. I really appreciate it. Thi is my first badger brush that would rank above the 'pure badger' designation, and I'm looking forward to slowly building my arsenal!

How did yours turn out? My replacement is also shedding like crazy. Didn't shed much for the first few uses then today it spit out like 50 hairs... At least I have a Rooney and Simpson on the way now :laugh:

After using the Best Badger for over a month now with different creams, soaps and lathering techniques, I must say I'm not all that impressed. The sob is still shedding like a motherf____ (at least 5-15 hairs per use), and although it is possible to whip up a decent lather, it doesn't have much of a backbone. Not my best purchase, but trial and error is what makes learning interesting.

Top Bottom