What's new

Domenica Caraceni 1913

How do you lather this cream/soap? I was sent a small sample of it, and I think it's along the lines of Cella/P.160, and not a traditional cream. Do you guys treat this as a soap or a cream when lathering?

How do you lather this cream/soap? I was sent a small sample of it, and I think it's along the lines of Cella/P.160, and not a traditional cream. Do you guys treat this as a soap or a cream when lathering?

I've used about 50% of a tub of this cream over the past few months. It's one of the best. I don't know what happened to your sample, but DC 1913 is about the same consistency as your average soft English shaving cream. You use it like any other soft cream. It's nowhere near the density of Castle Forbes cream, and nothing similar to Cella or P160. I wouldn't recommend sticking a wet brush down into it. I'm speaking from personal experience. I tried it once as an experiment, and it is so soft and light it seems to want to melt upon coming in contact with water. After you start using it, I think you'll be very glad you did.

thanks...the sample is so small that it could have hardened up a bit...I've left it sit for about a month because I love the scent so much, I didn't want to fall in love with it. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

thanks...the sample is so small that it could have hardened up a bit...I've left it sit for about a month because I love the scent so much, I didn't want to fall in love with it. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Why would you not want to fall in love with DC cream if you love the scent?

i have seen a small sample of Santa maria Novella (if that is what SMN) cream is called also be very hard, even though i thought it was a cream. I added some water and mushed it back to cream consistency.

i have seen a small sample of Santa maria Novella (if that is what SMN) cream is called also be very hard, even though i thought it was a cream. I added some water and mushed it back to cream consistency.

SMN is a very dense substance. It's thick but not sticky and gooey like Castle Forbes or Cella. It's more like lightweight spackle.

I wouldn't recommend sticking a wet brush down into it. I'm speaking from personal experience. I tried it once as an experiment, and it is so soft and light it seems to want to melt upon coming in contact with water. After you start using it, I think you'll be very glad you did.

Gary, do you use a damp brush?

I like to put a small scoop in a bowl with a touch of water and let it soak while I'm in the shower. I then use a damp brush and add water a little at a time until its the consistency that I want.

Top Bottom