What's new

SOTD April 16 -April 22 !!

Gentlemen, it's a great honor for me, to start this new shaving week for you, so have a great week everybody.

Futur / Croma Diamant
KMF Lavender & Shea shaving cream
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue A/S
OLIVIA's A/S balm
Fragonard Eau d Hongrie EdT

Broke out the ol' Proraso :cool: :

Proraso P&P
Proraso green tub (big one)
Wilkinson pure badger
HD
Derby Extra
Proraso AS
Proraso crema liquida

Hello gents!

Monday

WS pure badger
Weleda SC
1959 Fat Boy with Israeli blade (first time ever-2 passes)
Mennen skin bracer
Weleda ASB
Speick edt

Really smooth shave those blades are just right for me!

Raphaël

I did not shave yesterday due to the wonderful shave I had as part of the B&B 2007 Luxury Shave Day. However, this morning I decided to improve on that epic shave with even better results including BBS against-the-grain without any irritation!!

A great way to start the week even though I did not want to get out of bed for my 2.5 hour commute to work!

Beverage:
Ristretto Roasters "Mexican Chiapas" - Aeropressed :001_wub: :drool: :cool:

Shave:
Slant w/ IP (Super Platinum)
B&B 2006 Finest Horn Brush
Omaga-Level Super Lather:
- Castle Forbes Limes SC
- QED Rose Soap
- MB Rose Sandalwood Soap
- SCS Savory Rose SC
- CAR Hydrolast Wet Shaving Paste (Lime & Green Tea)
CAR Limes Tonic
Speick A/S
Mixture: SCS Savory Rose ASM w/ MB 2006 Summer ASB (Lavender/Rose) & QED Limes ASB

Scent:
Phengalion's LP#9

Evaluation:
John Conner did not make it to the Crystal Peak fallout shelter before SkyShave became sentient and wiped out all of the whiskers on the face of my, well... face. :biggrin: :rolleyes: :001_tt2: :eek:

Hot shower
SMF 1 brush
'63 Fatboy w/ Feather blade (Day 3)
Speick cream
Warm water rinse
Cold water rinse
Speick A/S splash
Cold water rinse
MamaBear's Peppermint A/S milk w/ Menthol
Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey EdT

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
after shower at the sink:

'68 Gillette Slim/Derby (2)
SR 3226
Proraso pre post
TOBS Avocado s/c
warm water rinse
touch up with disposable Gillette
cold water splash
Thayers Lavender w/h
Proraso a/s
Proraso ASB
C&E Sandalwood edt

Monday:

Proraso Everything

B&B Ebony Razor
B&B Finest in Ebony
Proraso Pre
Proraso Cream
Proraso Post
Proraso Splash
Proraso ASB

Gillette Super Adjustable w/Derby
Cyril R Salter Black Badger
Noxzema cream
Proraso pre/post

Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar EdT

Could only use the Super Adjustable on my face as my right index finger has become become very stiff and swollen :frown:

In order to avoid a blood bath, I used a Mach 3 on my neck (Hope the problem clears up)

1955 Super Speed
Feather (day 1)
Proraso/Omega brush
Floris JF
Alum block
Arbbone toner
Proraso post
Proraso ASB
Floris JF EDT

Tim

Proraso Green SC
WS boar brush
50's Superspeed
feather (day 3)
WTG WTG
Cold Rinse
Avon Tempest ASB

Studying today for finals, nothing special, not close at all, but still better than an electric.

Merkur Long-handled Classic with Feather
Savile Row (Something Special)
Tabac Shaving Soap
QED DaVinci Water
QED Texas Cedarwood After Shave Skin Conditioner
Tabac Cologne Splash
full

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Vulfix 2234
'49 super speed w/Swede
AOS sandalwood cream
QED DaVinci
D. R. Harris sandalwood splash

Schick Adjustable Injector - Pella blade
Rooney #1 large silvertip
Coates Sandalwood
Alum
Swiss Pitralon A/S splash
QED DaVinci Water
C&E Sienna ASB

While I now use a straight most days, I do use a safety when pressed for time and the Schick adjustable injector is definitely my favourite razor - easy 2 pass shaves every time.

"Red-Imp #133" straight razor
Early-1940s Schick "G6" w/Ted Pella blade
Andreas custom silvertip badger brush
SCS Oakmoss Lavendula shaving cream
CVS styptic pencil :frown:
Publix witch-hazel

This past weekend, I decided that I ought to re-introduce a straight-razor shave into my weekly rotation; so, this morning I took out my "Red-Imp #133" (Solingen), which had been professionally honed last December. 20 passes on the linen strop, followed by 40 passes on the leather strop, and it was ready.

Last week I received a jar of SCS Oakmoss Lavendula shaving cream, so I decided that today would be a good time to "inagurate" it. Lovely smell, and its rich lather moisturized my beard and lubricated my face for the coming onslaught.

Well, shaving with a straight razor -- no matter how sharp -- is not an easy task; and it wasn't much easier today, than four months ago. The difference this time was that I've gotten much better at prepping my beard/face, and become a methodical and deliberate shaver. It showed.

Now, I'm right-handed, so my first pass (WTG) on the right side of my face was no problem... I worked slowly, in inch-long strokes, and felt confident. From sideburn (high-up, level with the top of my ear) down to jaw-line, then further south to the base of my neck -- all went well, with no nicks or scrapes.

The problems began when I moved over to the left side of my face: I'm not ambidextrous and, with my right arm passing across my face/field-of-vision, it was difficult for me to see what I was doing in the mirror, let alone actually do it. Nevertheless, I managed to finish the left side, with almost the same success as the right side.

But my chin and upper-lip proved to be too much for me. No cuts, nicks, or scrapes; rather, a heightened sense of disquiet and unease -- enough so, that I "passed" on them, rinsed-and-re-lathered my face, and did my second pass (ATG) with the straight. Again, the left side was problematic (admittedly, the greater component was the "fear factor").

Finally, I rinsed-off and put down the straight razor, and finished-up with my trusty Schick "G6" for the third pass (XTG), as well as WTG/ATG on my chin and upper-lip.

The funny thing was that I managed to nick my !@#$% chin with the Schick! Yup, it's so lightweight and "comforting" -- especially after working with the straight -- that it almost invites mistakes... nothing that my styptic pencil didn't fix.

I like the smell of SCS Sue's Oakmoss Lavendula shaving cream, as well as its physical contributions to my shaving, so I plan to order another jar of it, along with the matching EDT, on my next order.

So; somewhat "unusual" three passes: WTG, ATG, and XTG... and I'm in BBS-shave heaven. Did I mention the witch-hazel? Damn, my face feels so tight... like a face-lift at substantially less than 1/1,000th of the cost! Now, off to the gym...

Smooth shaving!

'65 Gillette Slim Adjustable :thumbup:
Feather (day 3)
Proraso Omega Boar Brush
Proraso Shaving Cream/Mama Bear's Rosemary & Mint Shaving Soap :cool:
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Mama Bear's Winter Lime ASB :biggrin: You've gotta love this stuff! :badger:
Banana Boat Aloe Vera & Vitamin E (I got a little too much sun during my triathlon yesterday. I usually wear sunscreen during my races, but didn't think it was going to be as nice as it was yesterday...) :cursing:

M

modern man

HD w/ Feather
SR 3824
SCS Shea Butter w/ Avocado Shave Cream
Thayer's WH
Weleda ASB

Top Bottom