Thread: Which bath brush?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Which bath brush?

Who makes a good bath brush? Or are they all the same?
    Matthew | QueenCharlotteSoaps.com - Handmade hand & body soap, shampoo bars, tallow shaving cream and soap, aftershave balm, and much more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been using a four dollar boar brush from walmart. I have two, one at 18 inches and one I cut down to about 5 inches.

As far as the quality of the brush, no hairs have fallen out, it is firm and scrubs my body nicely. I wanted to try a brush to see how I would like it before I spent Forty or more dollars on some of the brushes I've seen on shaving vendor's sites. Bed bath and beyond has some in the twenty dollar range, and I swear to you, the only difference between that model and the walmart model is that one has an oval head, the other a round head. Quality and materials are identical.

I have yet to feel the need to purchase another brush. Eventually I may wont something more expensive just to see if I'm missing something, but I am truly content with a damn four dollar brush. Just to note, I wasn't trying to be cheap, but in this case cheap works perfectly fine.
    Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tony, thank you for the post. This is why I asked. I haved seen several for $5-ish and some from Kent for around $90.
    Matthew | QueenCharlotteSoaps.com - Handmade hand & body soap, shampoo bars, tallow shaving cream and soap, aftershave balm, and much more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen the 90 dollar one your talking about. Classic shaving also has a 40 dollar one that I was originally intending to try but after researching, it seems the detachable handle models are a failure.

Like I said, I'm content right now, but that's not to say that I don't want that Roney bath brush, the 130 price tag is a shocker though.
    Tony