What's new

Astra Keramik vs Astra Superior Stainless

Anyone know how these compare?

I love the Keramik, but the turned really pricy as production is stopped.
I did not like the platiunum, so am wondering about the Stainless.

I like the Super Stainless more (smoother) than the Keramik and the Keramik (for the same reason) more than the SP. Than again, I could easily live in a world with no Astra's at all.

I found Keramiks unusable. But the SPs are my dream blade. The stainless are good too, but the SPs are smoother. All IMHO & YMMV.

I gotta rank the Astra's in the following order. I just love the Keramik the best. It's smooth like the SS but much more longer lasting and is sad that they are discontinued. Second is the Astra SS smooth but the longevity, not so much. Third, Astra SP nice blade (rough at first) but shines after a couple of shaves and it's longevity is decent. Of course these are my own opinions and your YMMV.

Thanks to Wil Dorenbos, I could try out the SS. It took the Dutch mail a bit longer to get them to me (there was a strike going on), but it was worth the wait!

I like them a lot! Maybe even more than the keramik, which I already liked very much.

Keramiks = unusable for me. Felt like a Treet Classic or a Merkur.
SP = left my face blotchey and red. do not like
SS = now you have me wondering. maybe, I should try some.

The Astra SP is a great blade, period. Having said that, I must say that I like the Astra SS better- definitely sharper without sacrificing any smoothness. But try them both yourself and compare. The Astra SP is a keeper, even if I like the SS better. ;-)

I really like the Astra SS blades.! I got X12 shaves from these blades. Sharp & smooth they are. Unless I got a bad Brick of the Astra SP blades, the Astra SS are way better.

Top Bottom