What's new

My First Wetshave

Came home from the gym last night to see that my Parker 99r and Conk Bay Rum had arrived 2 days early. :w00t:

So this morning, I lathered up with the Conk, which had a different sweet spot than the VDH Deluxe (this will come into play later).

I set up the Parker with one of the Shark blades it came with and tested the shave angle against my finger. Then, I applied the lather to my face and began to go over my normal shaving patterns.

It took about 3 whole passes and a couple spot shaves to get it as smooth as I wanted it. The Conk's sweet spot was a bit elusive and I had to remake my lather for beyond a second pass. The problems spots were right under the chin, the neck and now that I'm at work, I've noticed I missed a spot at the corner of my jaw.

Overall, my face feels better, it was enjoyable, and I'm looking forward to my next shave as I know I'll get better and better at it. I put my cart razor in its case and in a drawer.

Other comments: The razor/blade almost didn't feel aggressive enough, but I think sometimes I lost the optimal angle, which means I just ended up plowing the lather off my face with the safety edge.

Oh, and I didn't cut/nick myself! :thumbup1:

Congratulations. You'll be amazed at how good your shave can be with practice. My advice - try a good cream like Proraso or a high quality shaving soap. Both should give better results than the Conk's.

Your mileage may vary,

Tom

Great job! Welcome to the wonderful world of wet shaving. Don't be shy about asking questions, the folks on B&B are very helpful; be patient and enjoy the ride!

Within a week you should master the wet shave by figuring out how best to hold the razor and at what angle the blade should be. Try to flatten the area you are shaving as much as possible either with your facial muscles or with your spare hand. The flatter you can make the less chance of missing spots.

Top Bottom