What's new

2 Le Grelots in Horn

I took my pair of 3/4 hollow Grelots and replaced their TI plastic scales with black and blonde horn (also made by TI). The black horn has nickel silver hardware and I went with brass pins and washers on the blonde. I just finished the job and I am so pleased with how they look I had to get out the camera and share...:001_rolle

These look outstanding man, very nice! I have a Grelot in Bone waiting under the christmas tree for me. I'm counting down the days... :(

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I prefer the one in blond horn but both are great!!

can you tell me where you got the scales from? I do remember seeing them out there on the internet trail at some time but can't recall. I am considering the same for mine.

thanks
Ian

Nice looking razors Dallas. I have a 1/4 Le Grelot in that blond horn that I got from Martin at Raspur. The horn is really fantastic looking!!

Last edited:
I almost bought those horn replacement scales for a razor that I have (but then I choked when I saw the price -- $75, very impressive!!). Anyway, did they come with the pivot pins, or did you have to supply those yourself. Did you have to drill and install the wedge pin, or was that already in place? Thanks!

I almost bought those horn replacement scales for a razor that I have (but then I choked when I saw the price -- $75, very impressive!!). Anyway, did they come with the pivot pins, or did you have to supply those yourself. Did you have to drill and install the wedge pin, or was that already in place? Thanks!

Hey Jeff - yeah my ability to blow money on razors shocks me as well :huh: . . . they came with the wedge drilled and pinned with the nickel nail + collar type pins that come on all TI razors. I removed these and replaced them with proper pin & washers which look much better IMHO. The pivot hole had to be drilled and pinned as well. The scales came with 2 nail+collar type pins which I could have used quite easily, so you don't have to use your own pins but I like how they look. The pins that come with them, look similar to these: http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/523001/201166.htm.

Wow. Great info. I been wanting to order a pair but wasn't sure they came with a set of pins for the pivot.... Now I have no excuse but to order. They look great!

Top Bottom