What's new

The One

I see lots of threads in the DE section about the most sought after DE--195, toggle, etc. However, I haven't seen a thread, forgive me if there is one, about the most sought after straight razor. So lets see what everybody thinks is the most desired straight razor.

Tracy,
I don't even want to touch this topic. You ask 50 people and you are bound to get 100 different opinions

Two that have been sought after (some ridiculously so)...especially on eBay

Dubl Ducks
Filarmonica

I don't think that there is an equivalent. The Dubl Duck Grim Reaper is the closest I've seen.

Last edited:
Tracy,
I don't even want to touch this topic. You ask 50 people and you are bound to get 100 different opinions

Two that have been sought after (some ridiculously so)...especially on eBay

Dubl Ducks
Filarmonica
I go back and forth with both of those when I think of the one I would like. Seems like the DD's can still be had for a 'reasonable" price but I have seen some Filly's go for rediculous prices

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Wade & Butcher is quite good.

I have 3 John Heiffor. Those are very nice razors IMO.

I have yet to try my Bokers!

mappin lancet is up there

as well as some of the super curvy looking sheffields (i mean, massive humpback swaybacks), henry has that ottoman/egyption/windsor one he is going to send to me too...

there isnt really a '1' razor - just lots of awesome ones

This is one of the reasons why I prefer straights to DEs - there are so many brands/models/types of razors.

I really don't think there is a "The One" razor. Where one member might prefer a giant Ellis 9/8 wedge, another might value a rare vintage 4/8 extra hollow.

I don't think that there is an equivalent. The Dubl Duck Grim Reaper is the closest I've seen.

I think this is probably the right answer if there was one. It's the most sought-after razor I've ever heard of or seen, and I think maybe in my two years or so of straight razor exposure I've only seen five or less (and those were only in pictures).

For me, The One wouldn't be a custom. In many cases getting one is a matter of putting your self on a waiting list. No The One needs to be vintage steel. So I'll gladly take one of those 7/8 Puma Golds I've heard about.

Last edited:
My idea of "The One" changes from time to time, but I'd prefer to find it in an antique store rather than buying it from someone or having a custom one made. A lot of the razors I find out there are around 4/8 so I've been dreaming of finding a giant chopper that I can clean up and use. Something 8/8 or bigger with a wicked smile.

Top Bottom