What's new

Creed Epicea or Pino Silvestre?

I already have Pino original, and feel it's a damn fine pine scent, especially given how inexpensive it is. I like that it combines a minty citrus with a honeyed amber base and creates this amazing olfactory illusion of evergreen. I'm reading a lot about Creed's pine scent, "Epicea" (Spruce in French), and it seems it has its ardent fans. Aside from some typical Creed longevity and projection issues, there isn't much knocking it. Pine is a limited scent market nowadays anyway, so it might have the market cornered as far as quality is concerned.

Has anyone tried both? Which is better? Or are they just too different to really compare? If you love pine, is Epicea a must?

Wow! I like this question.

They really aren't close enough to compare directly. Epicea is very ethereal to me, while Pino Silvestre is more earthy. I know that doesn't exactly help much. Thing is that one can definitely tell the quality of ingredients used in Creed frags.

A couple more to add would be Carlo Corinto Classic and Acqua di Selva.

Be seeing you.

It is really standout -- along with Bois du Portugal, it is one of the more old-school manly scents that Creed turns out.

Be seeing you.

Top Bottom