What's new

Dreamed I found a razor at an antique store last night, and went and found it today!

I'm now the proud owner of an American Button Company razor. I found a silver Empire without the case for $15. Arrow straight teeth, no cracks, and no brassing. It's bizarre that I dreamed about it last night, I think. I also dreamed I found a Darwin DE with an 18" long handle and an open comb like a garden rake. I didn't see one of those at the antique mall, though.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
[mesmerizing voice]Tonight, you will dream that Luvmysuper won the Mega Jackpot[/mesmerizing voice]

Congrats on a sweet score!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I need to drive across the state. I never have much luck in our stores on the west side of Missouri.

Pictures, pictures

Scott

Oh and what Phil said.

I'm now the proud owner of an American Button Company razor. I found a silver Empire without the case for $15. Arrow straight teeth, no cracks, and no brassing. It's bizarre that I dreamed about it last night, I think. I also dreamed I found a Darwin DE with an 18" long handle and an open comb like a garden rake. I didn't see one of those at the antique mall, though.

Need to find where David is going and get there first... :w00t:

Congrats on the find :thumbup:

I need to drive across the state. I never have much luck in our stores on the west side of Missouri.

Pictures, pictures

Scott

Oh and what Phil said.

i found a canadian pocket edition (1911-15 according to mr.-razor) at the westport antique place and a 40's SS at the waldo antique mall.

there was a micromatic at the mission road antique mall in ks that i didn't buy b/c it was 10 bucks. no luck with other things.

it's hard to find these little guys, and no way can i ever find something like you did david.

Weird! You have to hang on to that one... it was destiny. :thumbup1:

I actually had a dream that I was straight razor shaving last night... but if that one comes true, all I get is a shave. :laugh:

Nice razor and I am still looking for one to go with the cases I have.:thumbup:

As it happens, I needed a shave tonight. I just found out that the Empire's looks aren't the only thing going for it. What a fantastic shaver! I'm enjoying a rare BBS as I type this.

proxy.php

Presented for your approval. _MementoMori_, shaving enthusiast and somnolent seer. An ordinary guy with an extraordinary ability. David dreams of classic razors and they appear, as if by appointment, on the shelves of local dealers in oddments and antiques. A happy happenstance, or is it something more...sinister?

For David, tonight, the dream becomes a nightmare. _MementoMori_ and his midnight mental magic are going to meet a shaving succubus, a demon of the dark that will turn his happy acquisitions into a miasma of misery, a barber's bugaboo with superhuman silage that just won't go away on awakening.

Tonight, _MementoMori_ dreamland of divination becomes a Lilac lancination of the soul as he enters....The Vegetal Zone....

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
:w00t: Congratulations! A great story, a great shave, and a beautiful razor, you won the trifecta in the B&B world! :thumbup:

Here's to wishing your dreams of acquiring a Darwin come true (though maybe one of more regular size). :001_smile

I had a dream that you found that for me and sent it to me because you felt my dream force in your dream

PM when you want my address

Top Bottom