What's new

Hard water question

It very well might. How's that for a definitive answer? :blink:

I have hard water at my house, and film and deposits build up quickly on my razor and everything else around here. Dipping my razor head and blade in vinegar/water mix for a couple minutes after shaving and rinsing (and then rinsing the vinegar off with cold tap water before hanging up to dry) seems to prolong blade life for me.

The blade certainly stays cleaner looking on its flat sides, so maybe it does microscopically on its edges too? I have no way of empirically verifying my suspicion, but I'm going to keep doing it anyway.

I have zero scientific proof...but we recently got a water softening system installed and I believe I have noticed a difference in blade longevity.

I have zero scientific proof...but we recently got a water softening system installed and I believe I have noticed a difference in blade longevity.

I'm actively trying to convince my wife that we need a whole-house softener too. We have hard water in my town, and it causes all sorts of issues with deposits, soap scum, dry skin, etc.

I'd be lying if I said that getting better lather and more blade life wasn't in my top 2 or 3 reasons though. :devil:

I bet it has more to do with better lather and making your whiskers softer than actual effect on the blade.

Top Bottom