What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

Post bloom

I have an L7 in Blonde which I enjoy using when I am in badger hair mood. But I was wondering if the smaller sized L7 styled handles have a different name? The smaller version has a handle of only 2 inches tall. Not asking for specific prices but on the handles made of horn, are they going to cost more from Lee?

Thanks

Well, I keep trying and keeping getting ignored. Emails dating back to mid-June and one reply stating the regular excuse of "I'm sorry and busy, I'll get back to you tomorrow...", followed by 7 emails by me with no response. Even when I was explicitly told "He's expecting your email and will reply if you send him another one", I got nothing. At this point, even if he replied, I don't think I would. With all the Drama in shaving lately (HTGAM, PP etc) and Lee's lack of responding, it's wearing thin with me. Glad to see others still getting brushes and hopefully things will change for the better in the future, but I don't believe they will as it's been like this off and on since I started dealing with Lee early 2012.

It appears my M&F days were/are numbered and unless I am willing to order in a specific way, buy a brush every week or ask only questions he can answer "yes" to, I won't get a reply.

I'm glad by brush AD's are very low right now, but when they act up again, I won't be looking to M&F for a brush. Very sad and didn't have to be. My M&F's are amongst my favorites and will continue to be, so at least I have that.

Last edited:
Well, I keep trying and keeping getting ignored. Emails dating back to mid-June and one reply stating the regular excuse of "I'm sorry and busy, I'll get back to you tomorrow...", followed by 7 emails by me with no response. Even when I was explicitly told "He's expecting your email and will reply if you send him another one", I got nothing. At this point, even if he replied, I don't think I would. With all the Drama in shaving lately (HTGAM, PP etc) and Lee's lack of responding, it's wearing thin with me. Glad to see others still getting brushes and hopefully things will change for the better in the future, but I don't believe they will as it's been like this off and on since I started dealing with Lee early 2012.

It appears my M&F days were/are numbered and unless I am willing to order in a specific way, buy a brush every week or ask only questions he can answer "yes" to, I won't get a reply.

I'm glad by brush AD's are very low right now, but when they act up again, I won't be looking to M&F for a brush. Very sad and didn't have to be. My M&F's are amongst my favorites and will continue to be, so at least I have that.

Been there. Same conclusion. No regrets.

Sorry for your frustration. I totally get it. You've had more patience than i would.

I own M&F brushes. They are outstanding. Having said that, my recently recived Wiborg is so similar with fabulous performance and craftsmanship, and with zero drama ordering and a responsive owner, I would order a Wiborg again with zero regret.

Sorry for your frustration. I totally get it. You've had more patience than i would.

I own M&F brushes. They are outstanding. Having said that, my recently recived Wiborg is so similar with fabulous performance and craftsmanship, and with zero drama ordering and a responsive owner, I would order a Wiborg again with zero regret.
Let's face it - the fact that you can't get an M&F without some serious shoe leather is part of the appeal, it's brilliant marketing. I'll be curious to see how M&F will do in the brush wars when compared head to head with everyone else. I did have a 2XL show up in blonde (although a diff one is going to be in the brush wars, as this one is "pre-lathered) and I must say - it's a beautiful brush. I haven't used it yet, but it certainly is handsome.

Let's face it - the fact that you can't get an M&F without some serious shoe leather is part of the appeal, it's brilliant marketing. ....<snip>

While I find his absence on any social media site and lack of website to be intriguing, the lack of communication and flat out ignoring emails is not appealing to most.

But I guess it's not a surprise to most who are ordering and is what it is.

I don't know what Lee's criteria is for replying to emails. I imagine he has some sort of "gameplan" in deciding which emails get replied to. I'm sure he is inundated with copious amounts of emails, and working as a one person shop (or two with his helper) can be quite busy I'm sure. I sent about three emails before getting a response.

Now I communicate with Lee quite regularly and have ordered a couple brushes a month from him. And will probably continue to do so, his work is just that good. But I'm sure with persistence your emails will get addressed. Remember, "Good things come to those with patience."

Im interested in trying out a Wiborg. They look very nice and well made. Might bite the bullet one day.

Bruce, this is so ironic considering the responses from people when this thread first started. This is an extreme example, but folks typically heard back from Lee very quickly:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Forndran-Blonde-Badger?p=2654382#post2654382
After reading this thread yesterday morning, I couldn&#8217;t resist. :001_tt1:
I email Lee Sabini at 9:58 asking him if I could have one. Got a reply from him 7 minutes later saying yes is got few left and I can have one. Send him the PayPal payment straight away and believe it or not it came via post to my house this morning just after 11:00,that is less than 24 hours from the initial contact, WOW!!!!:001_smile:w00t:

I would really like to buy a M&F or two but don't want to deal with perpetual non-responses. That said, maybe I will throw the dice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom