What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

This is yet another illustration of YMMV. Isn't is wonderful that there are such varied preferences...and choices.

I currently own one M&F and have another on the way.
However, I don't ever intend to be without a Thater.
And the Simpson's Berkeley (Best) is also a great brush.

So, in my cabinet anyway, there are a variety of textures to select from depending on the whim of the day. I just don't see myself ever being a one brush guy.

Last edited:
This is yet another illustration of YMMV. Isn't is wonderful that there are such varied preferences...and choices.

I currently own one M&F and have another on the way.
However, I don't ever intend to be without a Thater.
And the Simpson's Berkeley (Best) is also a great brush.

So, in my cabinet anyway, there are a variety of textures to select from depending on the whim of the day. I just don't see myself ever being a one brush guy.

I don't blame you on never being a one brush guy. The selection of quality brushes is just mind boggling, and it's hard to not want more!

The Negative element has arrived to poop on the party.

All of my Simpsons feel better than my MF Silvertip.....The bristels are stiff and it feels like the brushes I've purchased at my local drugstore, I have a $30 no name brush that does better. Maybe time to try Rooney? (Two Thater 2 Bands on order now)

proxy.php

Oh, you aren't pooping on the party. Just keeping it real. Have you tried one of Lee's 3-band brushes? I love my 2 and 3-band M&Fs, and I have more than a few Simpsons in my den. Yes, YMMV.

Someone sent a PM asking for some pictures of 3-band M&Fs. I have but two (perhaps Ben could indulge us as well). I know I've posted pics of these somewhere deep in the archives of this thread. Here's a new twist: one of them next to a Thater 4125/2:

proxy.php

And here's a great little number next to my favorite Blonde. This is its pre-bloom state. I should post a picture of it next to my Simpson 56. They are quite similar in size and shape:

proxy.php

Each has a different type of hair. The hair in the silver belted handle is similar to Rooney Super. Lee tells me the hair in the acrylic handle was a sample he made about three brushes from. It happens to be my favorite 3-band, with great backbone and the fine, soft tips that kind of curl up when dry.

Top Bottom