What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

This is a pic of my M&F after about 5 uses and a few test lathers (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics). It started off very dense and firm, but has softened a little. It is a certainly a big one. The second picture is next to my Thater 1 for reference. Hoping it continues to soften a little and break in. The quality is second to none.

Attachments

• $IMG00099-20120228-1649.jpg
    $IMG00099-20120228-1649.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 498
  • $IMG00097-20120228-1647.jpg
    $IMG00097-20120228-1647.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 499
Melyus that is one sweet looking brush!

Thank you so much Chris,
MF Polo 3-Band Super Badger is also have great backbone of course not like blonde one but nicely done, My densest 3 band super badger knot , soft and white tips without any scritcy.

Attachments

• $mfpolo2.jpg
    $mfpolo2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 465
  • $mfpolo3.jpg
    $mfpolo3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 500
  • $mfpolo4.jpg
    $mfpolo4.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 459
Waiting is the hardest part. Finally, today along with a few other goodies......M&F horn, 2 band blonde (new hair). 25x50mm stuffed. Seems like I got a mostly blonde horn handle to go along with the blonde hair. :drool:

Attachments

• $mfh3.jpg
    $mfh3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 434
  • $mfh2.jpg
    $mfh2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 436
  • $mfh1.jpg
    $mfh1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 434
I've gotta say that y'all's "new hair" looks very different from mine. In mine, I see very pronounced, coarse, black hairs scattered throughout.

Bill

My new brush is that way....and has quite a bit of scritch to it. Also shed a few hairs on the first go. My older m&f is completely blonde, no scritch and has shed maybe one or two hairs in the year I've owned it.

I've gotta say that y'all's "new hair" looks very different from mine. In mine, I see very pronounced, coarse, black hairs scattered throughout.

Bill

My new brush is that way....and has quite a bit of scritch to it. Also shed a few hairs on the first go. My older m&f is completely blonde, no scritch and has shed maybe one or two hairs in the year I've owned it.

My latest from Lee has the black hairs scattered throughout and has some scritch. It's still nice though.

Attachments

• $DSC01536.jpg
    $DSC01536.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 388
  • $DSC01535.jpg
    $DSC01535.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 386
I think its the black hairs that make it feel like the rooney finest hair. It emulates the scritch feeling of the finest. :)

I think I've seen some comparisons somewhere (maybe in this thread), but not finding them now. Does anyone know how the OLD Blond, NEW Blond, and Rooney Heritage compare?

Thanks!

BTW, digging that wood color Lee 7

Cool. Guess they don't show up in other pics, but I can see them in your second one. I agree. I think those black hairs are what give it the scritch.

Moe: You ask a loaded question!!! But here I go. IMO, the Old Bonde was much softer than current blonde. This is NOT to say that current blonde is not soft, but I get no scritch from my old blonde. This years batch is soft AND it also has a touch of scritch, as well as a bit more backbone (which may contribute to the scritch as well). It draw comparisons to the finest, but IMO it is not quite as scritchy as a finest. If you like soft, soft brushes, but want to dabble with just a touch of scritch, then this years batch might be of interest. In comparison to the Heritage, the Heritage is like last years blonde, but softer. I do not necessarily think this is a good thing (that "gel-like" feeling).

As I think about it, I may put a WTB out for a few brushes from last year. I like the scritch of this years batch, but overall my personal preference is lots of backbone with soft tips (i.e. last years). I look forward to hearing others' thoughts.

Cool. Guess they don't show up in other pics, but I can see them in your second one. I agree. I think those black hairs are what give it the scritch.

Moe: You ask a loaded question!!! But here I go. IMO, the Old Bonde was much softer than current blonde. This is NOT to say that current blonde is not soft, but I get no scritch from my old blonde. This years batch is soft AND it also has a touch of scritch, as well as a bit more backbone (which may contribute to the scritch as well). It draw comparisons to the finest, but IMO it is not quite as scritchy as a finest. If you like soft, soft brushes, but want to dabble with just a touch of scritch, then this years batch might be of interest. In comparison to the Heritage, the Heritage is like last years blonde, but softer. I do not necessarily think this is a good thing (that "gel-like" feeling).

As I think about it, I may put a WTB out for a few brushes from last year. I like the scritch of this years batch, but overall my personal preference is lots of backbone with soft tips (i.e. last years). I look forward to hearing others' thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts on the comparison!

Anyone else care to compare it to the legendary Finest?

Top Bottom