What's new

Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger

Well, she finally arrived today! Test lather and shaved with it this morning. Man is this thing dense. I am hoping it blooms out a little and "breaks in" a little as it is a little too dense right now.

Mine haven't bloomed very much. However, with use, they do get softer and feel more comfortable to use.
I guess that's why Patience is a virtue. 'cuz its kinda hard to come by!

Still waiting on a fan (at least what I think of when I think fan) in 2-band from Lee to show up on this thread. If you're hiding out there, please come out. I've seen some but they're hybrids to me. Then and only then, will I request Lee's email. :001_tt2:

Yesterday I joined your elite M&F ranks with a Chubby I got from cessnabird/Jeremy. What a nice brush! I sold my Simpson CH2 LE in Best to buy this guy and I was fearing I'd miss the CH2... but after a quick test of the M&F I don't believe I will. Time will tell. :)

Last MF lot :
Left one handle height:40mm knot:20mm Loft :44mm Blonde badger 2 band
Second one : H:42mm Knot:29mm Loft :47mm Blonde badger 3 band super
Third one: H:68mm Knot:29mm Loft:53mm Blonde badger 3 Band super
Last one H:45mm Knot:33mm Loft 47mm Blonde badger 2 Band fan.

Regards.

Attachments

• $MF.jpg
    $MF.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 460
She is a sweet brush, I hope enjoy it for decades to come.

Yesterday I joined your elite M&F ranks with a Chubby I got from cessnabird/Jeremy. What a nice brush! I sold my Simpson CH2 LE in Best to buy this guy and I was fearing I'd miss the CH2... but after a quick test of the M&F I don't believe I will. Time will tell. :)

Advice, please. I've owned 5 brushes. Each of them shed a hair or two the first time or two or three I used them and then none since (maybe one on rare occasion). So I'm perplexed and a bit worried about my new M&F. It shed 2 or 3 hairs the first couple of times I used it. That was fine. But it didn't stop. Yesterday I used it for maybe the 6th or 7th time. It shed like 3 or 4 while I was using it. When done I rinsed it in warm water, gave it a gentle squeeze and riffled it across my palm a few times to fluff it up. When I looked at my hand there were at least 5 or 6 hairs on it. I did it again and got 2 or 3 more. That means it lost over 10 hairs yesterday. That sounds like too many to me. But I'm not overly experienced with this. Maybe it's still "breakning in" and this will stop. Or maybe I need to contact Lee. Your thoughts?

I've already contacted Lee because my brush has lost over 100 hairs in the first 2 weeks of use, including a couple of days where it lost over 40 hairs at a time. Lee has offered to replace the brush but only asked that we reserve judgement for a couple of weeks to see if the brush settles down. Fair enough.

Advice, please. I've owned 5 brushes. Each of them shed a hair or two the first time or two or three I used them and then none since (maybe one on rare occasion). So I'm perplexed and a bit worried about my new M&F. It shed 2 or 3 hairs the first couple of times I used it. That was fine. But it didn't stop. Yesterday I used it for maybe the 6th or 7th time. It shed like 3 or 4 while was using it. Then I rinsed it in warm water, gave it a gentle squeeze and riffle it across my palm a few times to fluff it up. When I looked at my hand there were at least 5 or 6 hairs on it. I did it again and got 2 or 3 more. That means it lost over 10 hairs yesterday. That sounds like too many to me. But I'm not overly experienced with this. Maybe it's still "breakning in" and this will stop. Or maybe I need to contact Lee. Your thoughts?

Advice, please. I've owned 5 brushes. Each of them shed a hair or two the first time or two or three I used them and then none since (maybe one on rare occasion). So I'm perplexed and a bit worried about my new M&F. It shed 2 or 3 hairs the first couple of times I used it. That was fine. But it didn't stop. Yesterday I used it for maybe the 6th or 7th time. It shed like 3 or 4 while I was using it. When done I rinsed it in warm water, gave it a gentle squeeze and riffled it across my palm a few times to fluff it up. When I looked at my hand there were at least 5 or 6 hairs on it. I did it again and got 2 or 3 more. That means it lost over 10 hairs yesterday. That sounds like too many to me. But I'm not overly experienced with this. Maybe it's still "breakning in" and this will stop. Or maybe I need to contact Lee. Your thoughts?

I've already contacted Lee because my brush has lost over 100 hairs in the first 2 weeks of use, including a couple of days where it lost over 40 hairs at a time. Lee has offered to replace the brush but only asked that we reserve judgement for a couple of weeks to see if the brush settles down. Fair enough.

Yep, I'd give it a while. My Rudy Vey Silvertip A shed 6-12 hairs a few times, but settled down to nothing. I'm still waiting for my Thater Plexi 4 to stop, if it ever will :sad:

My latest M&F has shed ~3 hair each uses for the first week. It is settling down, and I consider a "normal" amount of shedding to be a function of density. Of course, persistent and excessive is cause for some concern. A true "shedder", I had a pj2, is a very disconcerting situation. Hope your brush settles down, If not, I am confident that Lee will do what is right. Regards, Bradley

My barrel and my emillion are shedders aswell. They shed about 30 hairs each shave and both lost about 100 hairs now and it Sees that they wont stop. Lee will replace both of them which is great customer service, now i have to wait again.

MF Blonde Badger Fan Bloomed pictures.
it has great backbone, when wet gel like white tips, less scritchy, one of the most beautiful MF Brush i have ever had.
Regards.

Attachments

• $mf33.jpg
    $mf33.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 346
Melyus-
That. Is. BEAUTIFUL. It looks like his last batch of hair, which I think I prefer to his current batch. I enjoy the scritch of his current hair, but am a sucker for soft brushes.

My barrel has shed about 20 hairs after 7 lathers, which is more than usual. Will keep an eye on it and report back. I'm not worried about it though. Lee is an honorable businessman.

on my brushes it feels like the glue cant handle warm water and let the hairs go. They're definatly not broken. 20 hairs in 7 lathers is ok for me. my barrel lost 100 in 3 shaves and the emillion about 70 in 4 or so. As i said before, lee is doing me 2 new brushes to replace them. Cant await them but i guess it will take a while.

Top Bottom